mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
I
Iceflow Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I
How do I connect to a Network that isnt listed in mIRC?

Last edited by Iceflow; 15/11/03 07:39 AM.
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Alt + O to options dialog...
Under Connect.. Servers click the add button.
Insert your information here.
Of course you can always use /server <yourserver>

I
Iceflow Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I
I know how to connect to servers Im asking how to connect to NETWORKS that arent listed in mIRC!

Why not just click on the options icon in the toolbar instead of alt+o LMAO

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you took the time to read, and dropped the attitude, they told you how to add a server of your choice to the list to connect to, thus joining a server not in the mirc list as per request. Try comprehending what you read next time, and drop the attitude to those whom help you.

-KingTomato
I
Iceflow Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I
OK, my mistake. I didnt think that networks and servers would be the same thing.

@THe Tomato Guy
What attitude would that be?
I find it funny that people would use alt+o when you can just click on the toolbar. I suggest you calm down a bit fella no need to get worked up!

@Anyone
How do you script a perform command for a server that isnt listed in mIRC?

I
Iceflow Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I
How do I script perform commands....
Never mind, now that I know networks and servers are the same I can just edit the .ini files

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Some scripts edit the toolbar, some people don't have it. It is alot easier to say alt+o than to describe every other way of getting into the options.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:
I find it funny that people would use alt+o when you can just click on the toolbar.

- Well besides being easier to explain on a forum, using a keyboard is also much faster than using a mouse. That's why they're called 'keyboard shortcuts', whereas you'll never find something which uses 'mouse shortcuts' wink.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Networks and servers are not the same thing. Servers are interconnected to make up a network. However, when you connect to a server of a network you are effectively connecting to that network. You cannot connect to a "network" directly, you have to connect to one of the networks servers smile (Read it three times, maybe it'll become less confusing...maybe *G*). For example, Surrey.UK.EU.Undernet.Org is an Undernet server but Undernet is the name of the network.

You can connect to server pools also, which are IRC addresses that have several servers connected to them. For example, "irc.dal.net" would connect to any IRC server on DALnet (provided the server is open to normal users). Likewise, "uk.dal.net" would connect to any server based in the UK on the DALnet network.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
/server <network>
mIRC will choose one of the servers in that group from servers.ini. smile

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Yes, but he wants to connect to one which isn't listed in the mIRC list - I used DALnet/Undernet as examples simply because I didn't know of any private networks which aren't listed heh.

Tankya though smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard