mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Anton Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
A
I have this little problem. On random amounts of time my connection to an irc server is reseted and the reason is " software caused connection abort". After i reconnect my nick is stil there and after a minute it drops with reason "error 104: connection reset by peer". Sometimes this doesn't happen for day but sometomes it happens many times per day, like every half an hour. Is that another bug in mirc ot the problem is in the irc servers - maybe they have some bug that makes conflict with the mirc client and it drops the connection. My OS is Windows XP HE and the internet is high-speed cabel internet.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
please read this thread and this one

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
C
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
C
I have found a an interest connection abort situation. When I'm in channel and I do a DCC send (e.g.copy a file over) if the guy at the other end can't accept for whatever reason and it's left to timeout, them my mirc aborts out of all channels I'm currently in. Leaving just my irc.mircx.com status window open. I get connection timeout error message, and mirc is still running otherwise.

PS, yes I have read the above link.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Obviously that isnt "normal" behavior. Have you tested on a clean copy of mIRC without any scripts?

C
C
OK, I tested on a machine with a fresh install of 6.12, and that doesn't bomb out.

My main machine was originally 6.11, then I added 6.12 on top, and this has the problem. So how can do a good de-install (clean all out)? Is there a way of keep my settings safe, so I don't have to make all the changes again?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I hardly ever overwrite when i get new versions, i just put in into a new directory with a copy of my mirc.ini and anything else i want to keep, like urls,servers.

YOu can do the same, and uninstall (thru windows) the other copy of mIRC if you want

C
C
Thx, will try that.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
you're welcome and hope you resolve the prob smile

X
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
X
ok i have read most of the posts concerning this and i dont seem to have found a solution yet
i want to list wot it is a use while online and the specs of my machine to that as much info is provided as possible:

winxp pro (fully updated with patches
i usually have:
mirc 6.12 (main client)
mirc 6.03 (bot client)
messenger
winmx
and a few webpages and so on (pending wot i do)
i connect through adsl (on a router)

i used to run win98se and never had this problem happen once, i had to upgrade to winxp when i got 1gb of ram.
now sometimes when i connect i am fine for a day maybe 2, but once a software caused connection abort occurs it keeps on happening.
in addition the moment this error occurs it seems to null the connection for a moment as if it is jammed, all mirc clients d/c, messenger d/c's winmx drops connection, and pages cannot be displayed, once the mirc client picks up a connection again, everything returns to normal, the only way to temp fix this is to reboot and then it is entirely down to chance as to how long connection lasts, this only happens when i am connected to mirc and if not connected to mirc problem does not occur......

any ideas suggestions would be great

thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard