mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
sorry to bother, and yes, i am a newbie tyvm. Please help. How do I make sure that they are even downloading at all?
HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
the best way is to ask in the channel

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
You would see a window open asking if you want to accept the download, and progress of the download would be shown in that whether you leave it maxed or minimize it. (You will see either a progress bar or the icon for that send changing color as it progresses.) The sender would also be seeing the progress and you can ask them.

If a send fails, you should see a msg in your status window saying so.

Since you are new, i feel i should point out that you need to be very careful about accepting files, and not accept any from ppl you dont know and trust. In mIRC, in any window type: /help accepting files

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
S
A little extra note:
Just in case your DCC's progress bar or any icons are being minimized, look down below or above in some cases, to the status bar, the one with icons for channels and chats that are open.

Also, depending on settings, if you are having trouble recieiving DCC's, you may have it set where you need to give access to the sender using /dccallow +sendernick although its usually not the case with a default mIRC setup?

Last edited by Shona; 10/11/03 09:50 PM.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
/dccallow +nickname isnt a mIRC setting, its a command required by some networks for certain file types.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard