Print Thread
#5944 10/01/03 05:32 PM
W
wcb1084 Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
W
I have a cable modem and i used to get on perfectly. now i got a router and i cant get on at all. I get connection refused and cant assign requested adress. I looked at that post already called common connection problems. Its not even english to me. I dont know how to change different ports or anything like that. all i do is get on and click connect and let it do its thing. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

#5945 10/01/03 06:22 PM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Right now (2003/01/10 18:18:01 GMT) it's very difficult to get on DALnet even if your settings are 100% perfect. They have been under extremely heavy attack for some time now. Please be patient with the rest of us while we wait for them to catch and prosecute (or lobotomize) the children who are behind these lame attacks.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
#5946 11/01/03 12:26 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Try connecting to a network other than DALnet and see if you have the same problem. As Hammer said, its most likely the problem is with DALnet right now and not with your settings, but thats the best way to find out for sure if your settings are ok.

To do that, in that dialog window where you click connect, click on the little upside down arrow beside the line that says IRC Network, and try a few different networks.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
P
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
P
Some one told me that i need a proxy to connect to aniverse with AOL. He couldn't help me because he was helping some one else.. can anybody help me on how to get proxy to able to connect to aniverse pleaseee..You can IM me @ PowerStrokeGT or e-mail me @PowerStrokeGT@aol.com Thank You all..

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Isn't that illegal (and lame)?
Besides, most networks runs proxy-checkers, so you'd probably be banned.

Better get a shell account and setup BNC wink

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Proxies by themselves are not illegal. (Legal issues get fuzzy on the internet with cross border issues and the like....)
Using proxies to do bad things such as dos attacks or spamming are the reason most why networks ban open(insecured) proxies.

Link Copied to Clipboard