mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#59375 06/11/03 11:28 PM
U
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
U
I'd like to see a new switch added to the /server command that would make the server window and all of its windows (channel, privmsg, etc) hidden.. Basically the same effect alt+clicking on the server window has..

I have a script so that when mirc starts, it connects to about 7 different networks, some of which id like to hide to save switchbar space.. just a suggestion smile

#59376 06/11/03 11:43 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
i second that suggestion

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net
#59377 07/11/03 12:38 AM
R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
That's a good idea. To expand on that, I think it would also be useful to have the ability to hide msg (query) windows for a specific channel... perhaps with only one visible at a time for that channel. This is, of course, optional. The use of this is for those who visit music channels and can sometimes get 50+ msgs to a search request. That fills the switchbar and can make it hard to get at other things you might need.

Another use of that is if you need (or want) to keep queries open to many people for easy access to what you have said in the past, or current, conversations... these can also fill up the switchbar and make it a pain to find other things that are open. Sure, there's the Window menu... but even that is a pain to sort through when there are many things open at once.

#59378 09/11/03 10:27 AM
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Quote:
The use of this is for those who visit music channels and can sometimes get 50+ msgs to a search request. That fills the switchbar and can make it hard to get at other things you might need

That's what happens if you use a program designed primarily for CHAT to access illegal file sharing systems.

(Yes, I know mIRC includes a file sending/receiving system, but it's designed for simple, occasional use, not mass downloading, and doesn't change the fact that mIRC is essentially a chat proggie).

I sincerely hope that Khaled will add no changes of this sort.

PastMaster

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:

Link Copied to Clipboard