mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#59333 - 11/11/03 04:13 PM Re: Charging people to use text IRC client? Wtf
lonesome Offline
Babel fish

oh well. imo, if mIRC is just a plain text irc client, not a complex software, and anyone feels it not worth the $$, they can always switch to telnet. it's free! and it just plain text too. what's more, it's already included in most of your windows OS. crazy

#59334 - 11/11/03 04:46 PM Re: Charging people to use text IRC client? Wtf
zack Offline
Fjord artisan

Loc: Australia
Some IRC networks cost money to connect to, so does some hosting. Other IRC networks cost nothing to connect to, so does some hosting. The cycle will just continue round and round, the fact is that as soon as it starts affecting him is when he jumps out and says "This is wrong!", this is what really annoys me, and they really should stay in their own little greedy hole and shut the hell up.

#59335 - 11/11/03 08:39 PM Re: Charging people to use text IRC client? Wtf
sparta Offline
Planetary brain

Loc: Sweden/Borlänge
Tell me 1 server that cost money to connect to smile i never seen one..

#59336 - 11/11/03 08:59 PM Re: Charging people to use text IRC client? Wtf
_D3m0n_ Offline
Hoopy frood

Loc: Florida,USA
talkcity charges for you to connect to thier servers if you wish to use any irc client other than thier own java. there is one! that meets your requirement

#59337 - 11/11/03 09:04 PM Re: Charging people to use text IRC client? Wtf
sparta Offline
Planetary brain

Loc: Sweden/Borlänge
Then you have a option.. free = use Java.. and pay = use mirc or any other client.. so then it dont cos for every one wink

#59338 - 14/11/03 06:10 PM Re: Charging people to use text IRC client? Wtf
Force82 Offline
Mostly harmless

Loc: Kansas, USA
I paid for mIRC I paid for trillian, why? because they are two programs that i love to use and the creators of said programming have asked for compensation for all the work that they have put into the program. Do I find this offensive? I don't think so, I think it is perfectly fair. I am quite sure that Khaled has spent by far thousands of hours working on the IRC client that thousands of us love and use daily and hours a day if your like me :tongue:, Why not give something back to him? Its only $20.00 and its for a lifetime you never have to pay it again! I think its a wonderful deal, not every software company is so willing to hand out free upgrades for as long as it is upgraded. Trillian for example I think I paid 25 dollars and that registration is good for 1 year. I can always use Trillian pro that I have currently or if it is upgraded before the year is up i can get the upgrade but after that year I can only use what i have at the time unless I wish to pay another 25 dollars for another year. Ah well thats just my 2 cents worth, Cheers ^^

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2