mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Babel fish
Babel fish
oh well. imo, if mIRC is just a plain text irc client, not a complex software, and anyone feels it not worth the $$, they can always switch to telnet. it's free! and it just plain text too. what's more, it's already included in most of your windows OS. crazy

Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
Some IRC networks cost money to connect to, so does some hosting. Other IRC networks cost nothing to connect to, so does some hosting. The cycle will just continue round and round, the fact is that as soon as it starts affecting him is when he jumps out and says "This is wrong!", this is what really annoys me, and they really should stay in their own little greedy hole and shut the hell up.

You won't like it when I get angry.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Tell me 1 server that cost money to connect to smile i never seen one..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
talkcity charges for you to connect to thier servers if you wish to use any irc client other than thier own java. there is one! that meets your requirement

D3m0nnet.com
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Then you have a option.. free = use Java.. and pay = use mirc or any other client.. so then it dont cos for every one wink

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
F
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
F
I paid for mIRC I paid for trillian, why? because they are two programs that i love to use and the creators of said programming have asked for compensation for all the work that they have put into the program. Do I find this offensive? I don't think so, I think it is perfectly fair. I am quite sure that Khaled has spent by far thousands of hours working on the IRC client that thousands of us love and use daily and hours a day if your like me :tongue:, Why not give something back to him? Its only $20.00 and its for a lifetime you never have to pay it again! I think its a wonderful deal, not every software company is so willing to hand out free upgrades for as long as it is upgraded. Trillian for example I think I paid 25 dollars and that registration is good for 1 year. I can always use Trillian pro that I have currently or if it is upgraded before the year is up i can get the upgrade but after that year I can only use what i have at the time unless I wish to pay another 25 dollars for another year. Ah well thats just my 2 cents worth, Cheers ^^

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard