Print Thread
#57767 26/10/03 09:04 PM
C
Crut Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
Would of been good if next version of mIRC (is it 6.13?) had this command avalible for IF
if ($nick isoper $chan) { }
where isoper checks if person is IRC Operator
same with $oper returning true or false if $nick is IRC operator or not.
Cheers smile

"Rippers should Die"
#57768 26/10/03 09:12 PM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
thats not currently possible to determine unless u /who your channel. therefore its rather improbable that your suggestion can even be implimented. if mirc even wanted to, it still wouldnt work that would have to be something server(ircd) side addition. Mirc cant get that info without first getting a who from a user and then seeing what the raw numeric reply is.

D3m0nnet.com
#57769 26/10/03 09:40 PM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
personally i think thats pretty useless. its something you can easily script yourself.

khaled isnt the one who should be writing our scripts for us.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
#57770 26/10/03 11:10 PM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
personally even any script u may write could be wrong anyhow, so its not even really a sure fire scripting method thats going to work, when u can now have hidden oper status in ircd and such, its just a horrible idea all around but i was just explaining the complextitiy to the original poster of why it cant be set in mirc as an identifier

D3m0nnet.com
#57771 29/10/03 05:33 AM
H
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
H
Actiually, a lot of irc clients are identifying opers by contrasting colors in their nicklists - including a lot of the java clients floating around out there.

I'm not sure of the mechanism they're using - it could be /userhost or /who - but the ability to identify an oper quickly and easily has merit.

The opers that go undercover and have the ircd turn off their id just don't want it to be known, for their own reasons, and there's no reason for the client looking at them to try and crack through the mask.

One thing it *would* do is cut down on the instances of some dweeb trying to pass himself off as an oper in order to play silly games.

Make mine a *real* strong recommendation.

Link Copied to Clipboard