Print Thread
#57640 26/10/03 02:41 PM
N
nationx Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
I don't know why this is happening to me... but I get disconnected from the server whenever I start a DCC transfer (receive). It's really annoying as most servers require you remain in the channel. =P

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Are you getting disconnected from mIRC? the networks server? the dcc send itself only? Or (more likely) from the fileserver's homedirectory only? Many set a time limit, and if you are inactive for a certain length of time you will be disconnected from their directory. As long as you stay in the channel (not their homedirectory) you should stay on the queue.

If you meant that you are getting disconnected from the network itself, what error msg are you getting? Your friends should see it in your quit msg if you dont.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
L
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
L
I have the same problem on some efnet servers and i get disconnected from the network, i just change of server when it happends but it's still annoying.

I dont get any error msg, it just says "Disconnected", but this appeared on the channel i was, "remote host closed connection"

N
nationx Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
Actually... it doesn't say anything. My DCC will still complete (even large ones) so it appears that I am in the channel.... but everything else is as if I am disconnected. It's really annoying. If I just disconnect (btw.... mirc says I am still connected) and reconnect or change servers then my DCC stops.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
so it isnt that the dcc actually disconnects you? As for dcc stopping when you do the disconnect yourself, even tho the dcc should still continue (its client to client, not dependant upon the server after it starts), but disconnecting you leave the channel. the sender prolly will stop the dcc if you arent in the channel.

best guesses: a bandwidth limitation at perhaps your isp (many are doing that to stop file sharing from bandwidth hogging), or you are doing too many other things that uses up what you have, essentially not leaving anything left over for whatever is going on within mIRC channels.

N
nationx Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
Wow... never thought of that... the fool that thought that up needs to work on a social life for sure.... =P

I was leaning toward the fact I have installed the ipv6 tcp/ip update from microsoft. however... I am noticing other wierd behaviour in other clients.... like if I use invision I can't join any channels or get a list.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I couldnt hazard any guess on how the IPV6 update might or might not effect you, sorry.

As for invision, other ppl have reported probs using it with v6.12, i imagine its just not updated to be compatible yet, but you would have to contact the ppl who wrote that script

P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
P
I had the same problem. This is due to a winsock registry corruption.

Post has been discussed here:
https://forums.mirc.com/s...=true#Post88396

Full solution is available here:
http://dly.free.fr/site/article.php3?id_article=1

Hope it helps.

Link Copied to Clipboard