mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#57623 26/10/03 01:37 PM
E
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
E
Ok, I don't do much posting here but I do a lot of reading, and while I don't want to minimize the problems people are having with thier version of mIRC I would like to share the fact that since I have upgraded to 6.12 I have been totally satisfied. I have several computers on my lan all of which are running XP with all the latest patches etc. and on each computer I run at least one and some cases several instances of mIRC. One computer in particular used to GPF mirc several times a day every day, but after going to 6.12 the mirc running on that machine has continued to run ever since the new version came out without even 1 flaw. In my unprofessional opinion I think that that this is the result of the new compiler being used which makes it more compatible to XP. I can't speak about this with authority because I'm not a software expert but rather a hardware technician. So just to summarize my own experience with 6.12 I would just simply say "awesome". By the way, I'm not trying to suck up or brown nose anybody by throwing flowers at mIRC because during the days of 6.1 and 6.11 codemaster was my hero, I read every word he posted and agreed with almost all of it, and there for a while I was thinking about proposing marriage to him. laugh grin laugh

good job!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Good to hear there is hope for users whom dislike 6.1/6.11 >:D See, It's not that bad, heh. Thanks for sharing your opinion, and hope to hear more from users like you. It's always a pleasant surprise tee nice posts like this.

grin

-KingTomato
E
EVH Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
E
I agree although I've never had any problems with
previous versions. The changes in 6.1x were a bit weird
at first but now that I've gotten used to them, it's not bad
at all. In fact lol, I opened 6.03 yesterday and now it seems
weird. I guess maybe if these changes were made gradually,
those who are complaining might not be doing so.
Maybe if they would just give it a chance ..
who knows, they just might like it too. But they were
making hate posts just minutes after its release rather
than giving it ample chance. *shrug*

* Edited after reading the next post on this thread.

Last edited by EVH; 26/10/03 04:56 PM.
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
altho many users saw my "whining" bout mirc patch...
i agree to this author of post, i tried too 6.12 and i say that it is good, just changed in another type, it has many good new features, but to ppl that are used to old ones i JUST suggesed patch... thatz all from me

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Nice to hear you're happy with v6.12, and thanks for sharing your opinion. I'm not saying that just because your words were positive about v6.12 specifically, but because you stated your opinion clearly and politely with the reasoning behind it.

I think aything new takes some adjustment, and its always nice to know ppl give change a chance smile

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
J
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
J
For one - hey ya folks smile

I have used mIRC since v4.9 (originally on an old 16bit 486 100 PC with 32meg) and been a chatter for 5+ yrs since on a lot of different servers - the original was msn.

Since then I have become a scripter (see www.jaberlite.q.fm ) - scripting came about from being elevated to ops status in a 100+ room in 1999 (#uk on msn) and the need to 'write' a few bits for the basic mIRC I was using. I got taught by friends and learnt a lot..

Since then - in 2000 I released the JaberLite v2a - very basic and my 1st. Now the JaberLite v3a, v2c/e, MbS (for XP) and the e-bot have been in the works (v3a has chatted for over 900+ hrs in the last 12mths using v5.8, v5.9, v6.0 and v.6.03) and upto then - I had no problems with mIRC under Win98.

Upgrading to WinXP Pro (apart from its problems!) - the old scripts and mIRC versions have behaved - yeah a few tweaks here and there... which is good as my scripting works on 3 Win and 5 mIRC versions!.... and they are designed to do that.

What I am concerned about - was the up-grade from v6.1 to 6.12 (and I did hear lots of nasty things said about v6.1). I have seen peeps 'turfed" off servers using v6.1.

Leaving an open a backdoor (although, not meant I know - big OPPS!) for exploit's is a little unforgivable. But if we didn't have the little 'hackers' around (yes I know its not a correct term) we would have not known about it before millions of peeps upgraded.... lots did though.

I haven't upgraded YET to the new version - nor have I made v6.12 available on my webies - still using v6.03 as its stable and still recommend it.

I do however have the archives available (back to v2.1a) on www.jaberlite.q.fm - took a bit of research but found them all (I hope - if I'm missing a version - email me). If you want to download the 'archives' this will add 50+ megs to yours h/ds!

Anyways - have to "fugg off " - take care and happy chatting smile

Jon/Jabs

Link Copied to Clipboard