mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
hamudi Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
H
Every time when people come into my fserve[DCC Chat] this comes out [MirC has caused an error at Mirc.exe]!!
Anyone know how to fix this?

F
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
F
Yea... i get that too. I posted here a few days ago about it. You're not the only one who has this problem. Seems to happen to me when ppl terminate their fserve session while it's minimized. Guess we'll have to go back to a previous version if we want to serve files, or wait until a new release. mad

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Quote:
Guess we'll have to go back to a previous version if we want to serve files, or wait until a new release.

Of course, there is the option of NOT serving files. shocked

E
EVH Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
E
OH NO NOT THAT!!!!!! lol

A
AKO Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
Simply amazing at how people think IRC is a file sharing medium.

R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
AKO, you are indeed right. IRC is _not_ (technically) a filesharing medium. It is a chat medium, through which people communicate. People also often tend to do silly things, such as filesharing. Stop complaining about it. Complaining will do nothing. The reason I say technically is that IRC is whatever people make of it. To me, the internet is not a store. But to others, it is the main place they shop. Nothing has meaning until you give it such.

^------rintaun irl
R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
If IRC is not a file sharing medium, then why was the fserve function built into mIRC in the first place? Obviously, someone in the design realm of things realized that a lot of people DO want to share files, for whatever reason, as well as chat, so learn to live with it. Now fix it so it works, please! frown

Life is short; don't sweat the small stuff!

Link Copied to Clipboard