mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#57180 24/10/03 08:13 AM
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
After upgrading to v6.12, I've noticed that the view menu in Scripts Editor showed only the first 25 loaded scripts, and a "more..." after that. As a frequent scripter, it's rather troublesome to keep clicking on "more..." to access my other scripts. Also, under the "More files" dialog, the files are alphabetically arranged, unlike the script processing order like the past under the View menu.

I'm suggesting instead of using the "more..." selection, use the down arrow, just like in applications like ms word, where less used options are "hidden" and displayed on the same menu when selected. This would make selection of the scripts easier. grin

#57181 24/10/03 10:15 AM
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
I agree. Although the autocomplete feature in the More... dialog in 6.12 is very handy, I still like the old way. Imo the best solution is to have both; a checkbox in Options "Only display the first 25 scripts" or something.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
#57182 24/10/03 12:25 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I recommend combining the "Files > Order..." feature with "Edit > More Files... [CTRL+M]"

They are essentially the same dialog, except one displays files in alpha order with an auto-complete, while the other displays files in priority order with up/down arrows. There has to be some way the two functions can co-exist in the same space.

As for the View menu, I would prefer "More..." that displays a sub-menu of more selections. An option should be added which allows the user to specify how many items appear in the menu before breaking them into a submenu. This would allow the user to specify a value of "9", so one can navigate with their keyboard like so...

"Alt+R (remotes) > Alt+V (View) > 0 (More...) > 0 (More...) > 5 (twenty-third_script.mrc)"

Because only 9 files will appear per menu, "More..." would be assigned the "0" hotkey allowing greater keyboard navigation. laugh

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#57183 24/10/03 12:51 PM
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Interesting ideas, especially for those who use the keyboard to navigate through the menus. Another alternative I'd personally like is to make the View menu work like the Programs menu in Windows: you can either have a down arrow at the bottom (like it used to be in mirc) or display the rest of the scripts in a second (and third etc) menu right next to the original one.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com

Link Copied to Clipboard