mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
I was up one night fixing up a simple script I wrote to separate the artist name and title of the track for mp3s, and I was succesful only after trying to use tokens for the first time.

So, I decided to add another feature, which was going to be a /timer that pops up a dialog every week. Here's where the problem began; the alias to test the code I wrote wasn't //echoing any /set or /var'd variables. I thought maybe I had a syntax error, so I checked the status window, and it was full of "<ever increasing number> unknown command" messages. I decided to log it, and this is what i got:

Session Start: Wed Jan 08 22:55:22 2003
Session Ident: Status Window
* Logging Status Window to 'logs\status.GamesNET.log'
-
2177 Unknown command
-
2179 Unknown command
-
2180 Unknown command
-
2181 Unknown command
-

These were the result of several blank and complete /set commands that worked earlier that day.

Can anyone tell me if this is a bug, or just me missing some huge error on my part?

::PostScript::
My script has been perfectly fine for the year or so in which it's been growing, and 6.03 didn't help. I did write it using the 6.03 help while using 32bit 5.91 for WinME.

The full log goes on for quite a while, so I trucated it.

/set seems to be the only command that does this.

::PostPostScript::
I just tested it, the number that's trying to be used as a command is equal to $uptime(mirc,3).
I used
//echo . $uptime(mirc,3) | /set %blahvar 23
to get
. 5779
-
5779 Unknown command
-
. 5780
-
5780 Unknown command
-
. 5906
-
5906 Unknown command
-

Last edited by Sp3ar_m1nT; 09/01/03 10:01 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It works for me. You must have added something else that now stops it from working.

S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Oh, I know it'll work for other people, 6.03 was working just fine before this started. What I need to know is if I managed to invoke a bug.

I asked around and nobody had the same problem, and the nature of it seems to be that /set is trying to run
$uptime(mirc,3)
Instead of the proper command. I have no aliases named /set, as I understand the problems that would cause.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Have you tried /set with your remotes switched off (/remote off)?

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
does the /echo work normally??

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Have you tried //echo -ati2 * Uptime alias? $isalias(uptime) or //echo -ati2 * SET alias? $isalias(set) to see if you might have accidentally aliased them out (or done so incorrectly)?

If either of them return $true, then you can use //echo -ati2 * SET filename: $islias(set).fname to get the filename it's in and go check out what the problem is. If it's a single-line alias, //echo -ati2 * SET: $isalias(set).alias will return the offending alias code itself

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Well it seems to be working now that i tried Hammer's method. I was kinda hoping it would be a real bug, seeing as a lot of syntax errors seem to be mistaken as bugs.

Unfortunately I was wrong, there was a semicolon (;) that had been inadvertantly deleted in front of a /set command.

Thank you for your help and time, it was much appreciated.

Link Copied to Clipboard