mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
I have opened up firewall for the port. I have tried everything I can find and no resolution to the problem. I have done it all. I have posted on here and no resolution. My 30 days is up on checking it out and I am not going to register for something that does not work. Any suggestions? I used to be on Dalnet and that is where I want to go. For some reason they can not get a response from me on my Identd. Any suggestions are appreciated. I will try to resolve this one more time. Thanks for your help in advance.

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
registering mirc (if you think on that) has nothing to do with connecting to DALnet, for identd no respond... your ISP is to blame, for other i have no answers for you, maybe some1 smarter will help

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Have you been trying to ping the server you trying to connect to? and if so, does it reply to you? also are you shure you have opened the right ports? and you can also try connect to another dalnet server..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Firstly, the DALnet server pools are not always open, and if they they usually only have 1/2 servers linked to them. Make sure you connect to a server that is as close to your geographical location as possible (for example, if you live in the USA, then you would try finding a .us server). You can find a list of servers for DALnet, here.

It would be useful to know about exactly what message you're getting. If you know that you are not responding to server IdentD requests, then you must have connected at some point - If you are getting AKilled for IdentD problems, then view this page (look at that for general IdentD problems too). If you have Windows XP (Home or Pro) then make sure the Internet Connection Firewall isn't on.

Start > Control Panel > Network Connections

Right click on the connection you're currently using (the one you use to connect to DALnet anyway) and then click on Properties - Go to the Advanced tab and if the box is checked, uncheck it.

As for firewall ports, make sure you have at least ports 6667-7000 open, and for IdentD port 113.

As for other IRC connection errors, see this post.

G'luck!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
well, some IRC Servers will not allow you if the server is not able to recognize your Ident (for e.g: you put "-" or "~" to Ident), if it's so, try to change it to something alphabetical...

cheers

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
mite take a look at this thread

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard