Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#56533 21/10/03 01:12 PM
L
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
Please someone help me wen i try to get an file on mirc it says that i Have DCC pending set your cleint to recieve how do i do that frown

#56534 21/10/03 01:15 PM
W
Babel fish
Babel fish
W
Read this

#56535 21/10/03 01:27 PM
L
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
it is still not working with this help page

#56536 21/10/03 04:59 PM
B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
Hi, i'm a newbie and have also the same exact problem.

I can request for file and when it is time for me to download, i get that message. I uninstall and reinstall it with no success. I looked at the possible solution post above with no success. Please help us both

Thanks.

#56537 21/10/03 05:19 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It might interest both of you to know that IRC means Internet Relay Chat. The emphasis of the word 'Chat' was done on purpose *hint*

Downloading is, in 99% of cases, illegal. Films (movies), music (i.e. mp3/.wav files), games, videos and all that other stuff you strangely have to pay money for is copyrighted (that's the law). By downloading, you are basically breaking the law.

If you feel the need to do this, feel free to use Kazaa or iMesh and other such programs. IRC is not a downloading, file sharing or p2p program.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#56538 21/10/03 05:40 PM
W
Babel fish
Babel fish
W
yeah, listen up you two .. your god has spoken heh

#56539 21/10/03 06:24 PM
W
Babel fish
Babel fish
W
Quote:
"yeah, listen up you two .. your god has spoken heh"

Is that meant to be sarcastic or something? Please, don't openly try to offend me on the Forums, it's lame. If you have a problem with one of my posts, I'd personally appreciate if you message'd me. Treat others as you yourself would wish to be treated smile (I'm just full of proverbs today).

As for my post, if you browse the Forums, somewhere Karen (a moderator), has posted about how we won't help with mass file trading. I feel strongly about the use of IRC and mass file trading being used in conjunction with each other, hence why I may come along strong (maybe bossy?) when I'm having to repeat myself about the fact that IRC, nor mIRC, is not a file trading program.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Reply:
It is not up to you to decide how or why anyone uses mIRC.
It is not up to you to tell anyone how to use mIRC.
If they want to use mIRC exclusively for file trading .. that is
up to them. not you, me, khaled, karen or anyone else.
Neither one of them said one word about what kind of files
they were trying to receive, but yet you felt the need to stick
your nose in there and preach to them. so why don't you just
go [censored] yourself .. oh and have a nice day smile

#56540 21/10/03 06:36 PM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Quote:
so why don't you just go [censored] yourself .. oh and have a nice day

Now that was just unnecessary, wasn't it? Yes.

#56541 21/10/03 06:37 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
you're going to get banned.
AGAINfrown

new username: tidy_trax
#56542 21/10/03 06:44 PM
W
Babel fish
Babel fish
W
DekuHaze
the whole stupid thing was unnecessary
(beginning with post #5 in this thread.)

pheonix
you're probably right .. but at least I left it censored eh

Last edited by WhoJoeDaddy; 21/10/03 06:51 PM.
#56543 21/10/03 06:56 PM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Mentality was merely doing what posters of this forum should: abiding by and enforcing (somewhat) the forum rules. Your abusive posting was unnecessary and uncalled for.

You have been banned from here several times, 'R0ck0'. Why won't you take the message the moderators are so blatently giving you?

#56544 21/10/03 07:03 PM
W
Babel fish
Babel fish
W
So you feel the need to expose me again.
Do you think that nobody but you knows who I am?
Are you that stupid?
Everyone knows it's me, except maybe for Mentality, whos
private message to me seemed like maybe he didn't know,
but so what, I'm not trying to hide who I am so give it up.

As far as my post goes, that is only an exact copy of the
message I sent to him in reply to his. You say that posters
are to abide by and enforce the forum rules (somewhat) ..
well then you tell me this, where are there ANY rules broken
in the first four posts on this thread. NONE ZIP ZILCH

#56545 21/10/03 07:11 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
In reply to NO ONE!

why does it even bother you? what files and who that will send somthing to somone else arent any of your task to figure out. i using DCC send true mirc to send demos from the game Unreal Tournament.. movies i made, pictures i made and also mp3's i made, and in som cases i even send ppl the winamp skins i made, so why not just do what the idea of this forum is about? just help ppl that needs help.. it's no risk that YOU will get in trubble if somone sending a mp3 or movie or what ever that they aren allowed to send by law. so just help the ppl that want help.. if everyone asuming that you have to do somthing bad, then the store where you byed your comp at the first place shouldent sell it to you.. "you maybe will break the rules with that comp".. so try help ppl instead of tell them what they can or cant do.. in every d*n post i see somone posting somthing about "RULES", and if i can belive what some ppl saying here, then i think we have found the persons that never made a misstake or breaked any rules in there whole life. so maybe its a waste of time for them to hang in a forum just jumping on ppl they "belive" will do somthing wrong with the help they get!

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#56546 21/10/03 07:13 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
To each their own, though if you avoid a ban and keep reoffending then it's likely that your IP range will get blocked and that will end the enjoyment of this place for other people. On that note I hope you don't use Bigpond as your ISP. Abuse is not necessary though, it involves extra effort through typing, aggravates people and fails to demonstrate the point you are trying to prove to begin with.

#56547 21/10/03 07:15 PM
W
Babel fish
Babel fish
W
IP range is already blocked .. along with
several proxies, which I am using now.

#56548 21/10/03 07:16 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
lol. Ahhh well...

#56549 21/10/03 07:18 PM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Of course everyone knows it's you. No-one else here is so arrogant, aggressive and frankly downright insolent as you are. They all have more respect smile

Regarding the rules. Does a rule need to be broken in order to be enforced? No. A reminder of a rule serves as enforcement too. Whether or not these posters are infact downloading illegal files, I cannot say. But judging from the thread title, I am inclined to believe they are smile

#56550 21/10/03 07:29 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Actually, I guessed from your unintelligent and lame pmsg reply that you were in fact Rocko. I saw these posts after the pmsg I just recently sent you. A moderator has been informed, whether they do anything is up to them - some people just feel the need to be abusive.

I was not trying to exactly enforce the rules, as I have no tools nor authority to do so - However, I see no problem with me reminding people of what the rules are. That is how I have always been taught anyway (I'm used to #Help on DALnet). If, after a reminder, people continue to break rules, then that is when it's time for people who DO have the tools and authority to do something about the user(s).

You are constantly abusive on these boards, and like many people on IRC nowadays, particularly script/packet kiddies, you think you have some sort of God given right to evade bans, whether they be set against you on channels or Forums, and generally be abusive in any way you can think of.

You will notice that in the third and fourth post of this thread, two users asked for help. One didn't get help with the link you provided, and the second was having the same problem. As a general reminder, I decided to post what I did - especially as I strongly disagree with mIRC (or any IRC client for that matter), being used like some sort of p2p program such as Kazaa. It is not what it's meant for.

Also, I never made these rules up - again, I haven't the authority to do so. However, you may like to view this post.

And indeed, the users did not say which files they were in fact downloading, however, they did use the term "request" - and, pushing all pedantic technicalities of the English language aside, we all know what that means.

Furthermore, as has been mentioned to you before, if Moderators have a problem with a user reminding others of the generally accepted rules of this Forum, then THEY will message the user and ask them to stop. So far, I have not had a private message from any of the Moderators of Administrators of this board.

I find it quite ironically amusing that you seem to be such a fan of telling people what they do and don't have the right to do, yet you think you have the right to tell people what to do, and dictate to them what their rights are on this board. At the same time, you make up your own 'rights' that fit your needs - and your needs seem to include abusing people and this board at every given opportunity (i.e. evading bans, swearing, making private matters public etc)

Anyhoo, this thread has no longer got anything to do with the topic, so I'll stop posting here. Unfortunately, I highly doubt you will.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#56551 21/10/03 07:29 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
judging by the title of the posts about connection reset by peer, i think the posters must be highly annoying people until they retaliate by resetting their connection.
</sarcasm>

new username: tidy_trax
#56552 21/10/03 07:30 PM
W
Babel fish
Babel fish
W
But see .. it isn't up to us to decide whether or not they are breaking the law and by merely helping them with a problem, I am not breaking any laws or any rules on the board.
Now, if they said something like Look, I'm trying to download Matrix Reloaded on IRC but I keep getting this stupid "DCC Pending" message. What is this and what can I do to fix it then sure, I could see all you guys diving on the thread to lecture about the laws and dangers of downloading illegal files. But assuming it is just not right, there have been plenty of examples, in this thread & many others like it, of material that is perfectly legal to trade. If some guy were to post something like that, even I probably would not offer my help, but I would stop at just that, not helping, I wouldn't feel the need to jump in there and explain to them exactly why it is that I'm not helping. Don't you get it man .. are you dense?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard