mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
I searched the help file and this message board but couldn't find anything about it.

Would it be difficult (or even possible) to create submenus on the popup screen with multple .mrc files

For instance under utilites have my 3 or 4 different utility addons etc. That way I can narrow down my nicklist popup so I don't have to scroll through it.

Thanks.

BTW I know how to make submenus in each file... I mean submenus with more than 1 file in it.

edit: Here is a very crude drawing I made of what I mean:

http://www.allnationsundergod.us/mirc/mirchelp.htm

Last edited by marilla_cuthbert; 21/10/03 01:49 AM.
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
If im understanding you right, then yes you can. It looks like you already know abouyt making menus and submenus by ur screenshot since ur menus do have submenus, but i'll answer it anyway just incase. If your talking about making

fun stuff then making submenu's all u need to do is

Funstuff
.Submenu1
.Submenu2
..Subofsubmenu1
..Subofsubmenu2

Sorry if thats not what your talking about, but i can't think of anything else that you would be talking about atm.

M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time explaining what it is.

See, in that screen shot each dkay popup (dkay1 dkay2 etc) are their own .mrc files with their own submenus etc. (I'm just using dkay as an example, I have loads more) What I would like is a menu with all those as a sub menu without having to put them together using . .. ...

Group them together. Put all my "fun" .mrc files under one group and all my 'utility' .mrc files under the 'utility' group. Make it easier to see when I right click on a nick, rather than 20 different things.

Hope that makes it clearer

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Each .mrc file has it's own menu for popups .. you can't make a menu in popups that orders the different .mrc files.
you'd have to edit each of your remote files (.mrc files if you will) and put all of the menus into one large file (or popups) manually (does that make sense?).

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
ahh so u want to have each menu command in a seperate .mrc file...Well as far as i know, no you can't. You can use the . .. ... way in popups or u can put it in a remote and use:
menu channel { }
menu nicklist { } ect..

You may want to check out dll's. I know there are some dll's that u can make custom popups and do diff stuff with that. Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
You can merge popups from different files like this.

In File1.mrc
Code:
menu * {
  Fun Stuff
  .dkay1:echo -a Funstuff menu 1
  Utilities
  .Util one:echo Util menu 1
}

In File2.mrc
Code:
menu * {
  Fun Stuff
  .dkay2:echo -a Funstuff menu 2
}

In File3.mrc
Code:
menu * {
  Fun Stuff
  .dkay3:echo -a Funstuff menu 3
  Utilities
  .Util two:echo Util menu 2
}

etc..
I used "*" for simplicity, you can add the items to specific menus by using the appropriate menu name. smile

M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
YES! Thank you Iori TYTYTYTYTYT!!!

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
NPNPNPNP... grin

Link Copied to Clipboard