mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
wondering why kill signal isnt working on kill ops can see cause of c+ or something im just trying to make a theme and figure out this cause my friends are making a chat room site and for my script to see the kills not as ops isnt working they jsut show as quit $nick (local kill by whoever) i want to get it to show as $nick killed $knick for w.e reason here. if you think you can help reply anytime

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I assume there is some sort of mode that is blocking viewable quit messages, including kills. By ops, do you mean an IRC Operator or an OP of a channel (@)?

The +c mode is usually related to blocking colours. On some networks, such as DALnet, the +m (moderated) channel mode can block quit/part messages, however, not even the ops will see them. I suggest asking in the #Help channel of the network/server you're using.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Who sees certain server notices depends on the IRCd and the available user modes. As an example, kill notices on my network require two things: an o:line (+o, +a or +A) and the kill notice usermode (+k). Kill notices here could once be seen by users with usermode (+s) but that was phased out. Maybe other IRCds have either followed the trend or never offered it to begin with.

Link Copied to Clipboard