mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
i agree that mirc having its own im server would be stupid, but i found it fun scripting an msn messenger "client" in mirc :tongue:.

new username: tidy_trax
A
AKO Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
CLockwerx: Trillian has plugin development support with an internal language that can expand the functions of Trillian in ways like mIRC.

Now, with that said, mIRC is an *IRC* client program. It doesn't need IM services, it's completely meaningless. In fact, multiple IM clients is a completely meaningless device. It causes problems, more confusion, and more waste.

But IRC was before IM services smile so, ya know, it can stick around.

As of right now, AIM has the numbers, but MSN has the technology.

D
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
D
im glad someone mentioned Trillian. all trillian needs now is the scripting support of mIRC! ^_^ (well, maybe not, as that would hurt mIRC's numbers)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Do not meddle in dragons' affairs for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
I
iRP Offline
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
I
W.A.S.T.T.E = Why Add Shitty Tools That Exist?

Good job Khaled for 140,100+ lines of source code!!!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Look at trillian... it is pretty well known just because it took a wild step and INTEGRATED multiple services.

And look at how many mIRC users are bashing down the doors at Trillian to get it...

Like d3m0n, if mIRC took on even the slightest whiff of any messenger, I would cease using it.

G
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
MIRC need a Buddylist.
If you find ggod friends in the channel, you need an extra Channel (Freindslist / Hotlist or buddylist) where you can put them indifferent from the chennel you saw them.

So.. this buddylist should be able to add to mirc,

Then we need a better improoved feature of searching the file-database of the users.

So please implement magnet uri links, like kazaa now has or you can find all specifications for magnet links at www.bitzi.cim.

WASTE is both, you can use WASTE as a buddylist and you can define a database of the buddylist, which is searchable, you just need to add a shared folder in mirc and a sahred folder in waste, hash both file-directories with sha1 hashing (This is magnet links) and then ...

if in any chatwindow a magnet uri link is posted, an automatic transfer and search for the file in the network (the userdatabase of the channel or the buddylist database) is going on.

This means swarming the partials from other users.

So oyu have added both with WAST: a friendslist and a better file search and transfer.

The IM-market is booming, please do not forget to make a buddylist for IRC freinds.

This is best done with WASTE, because it does not need a decentrals erver, you just need to join all channels, see which of your freinds are online (if they changed the niochm, you have their Waste public key to proove) and then you see them online on the WASTElist.

This means you have them decentral an can chat with them in a actra Channel as a buddylist.

MIRC 7 has to be with a buddylist

Thanks

G
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
instead of trillian use

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gaim-e/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gaim-encryption/

its encrypted as well and with all messengers.

add it just, this would eb ok as well instead of waste.

but no trillian

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
the whole buddy list idea in itself is a horrid idea, youve mentioned things like IM clients and kazza as your reasoning. when you think about iton those networks where ur able to use that those clients have what? the name used is a registered name and no one else can use it, now connected to 3 different networks on irc. and you can have 3 different ppl using the same name. or on any different day anyone else can use another persons nickname on any network. the buddylist idea is basically a HUGE waste. its useless for anything relevent and has absolutly no thought put into its implementation. Ill say this again if you want an IM client use one not an IRC client. if u want a filesharing client USE one. mirc shouldnt be used as this purpose.

D3m0nnet.com
G
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
Hey dude.
mirc already IS used for filesahring.
before a files goes to p2p apps, it is shared in irc !
With notify you HAVE a very basisc buddylist,. Why noit to improove this, and why not to make it plugin-hybrid with GAIM and AOL users ?
The whole irc chat and filetransfer is very basic and a lot of dos-commands are needed. This is bad and basic.
WASTE excludes the Nickname problem , because you get a unique key.
GAIM already offers to changer the nickname to what you want int the recievers display.

Chatrooms are pretty good, but we need Freindslists and a better search for files in the friendslist.

If p2p apps develop a chat standard and decentral chathubs, mirc is really oldfashioned.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
dude. sorry, but...

stop posting.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
you are a complete < edited, no name calling please> , and have absolutly no concept of what irc is. please do not debate a protocal u obviously know nothing about, read its implementations and then u will find out why what your suggesting is absolutly impossible to add to mirc and W.A.S.T.E. truly is a waste of resources and effort to add to mirc, if u feel u need this so badly stick with an IM client and a P2P network client, which really are designed for this, u cannot name one irc client tht works like your suggesting, its just not possible, before u go on about the IM that adds chat ability to it thru trillian, ill simply say this to u. You cannot add my nick _D3m0n_ to your IM at all and be able to find me as a buddy on every irc network. Key or No key. it just cant happen.

Last edited by ParaBrat; 05/11/03 05:44 AM.

D3m0nnet.com
G
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
just a question of semi central bootstrapping

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
so now your proposing all of IRC become ONE large network. again youve got absolutly no idea of what IRC truly is. but i can assure you it is not IM or P2P filesharing, and sorry para for the edit u had to add to my earlier post, im just tired of ppl suggesting thigs when they have absolutly no place in IRC, and are absolutly impossibe to implement. and adding more useless garbage to mirc is just not in my idea good sense.

D3m0nnet.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard