mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#55593 17/10/03 08:34 PM
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
I've just finished a script divided in 2 files and I would like to keep it less modifyable possible. I've already used a $crc control of the file A in the file B and some other controls about some messages (like the author of the script etc.)
What other else could i do?
Is there a real good mode to protect script?
Thanks a lot
Bye all
Sabotage

You Make Me Sick I Make Music
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Don't release it--that's your protection.

-KingTomato
S
OP Offline
S
You think that i'm protected behind a Microsoft product?
Just now I downloaded 5 security patches only for the month of October!

O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
You can always break down the script into sub-scripts and convert them into aliases and then maybe convert the aliases into multi aliases just to run one function of the script. Then use non discript idnets for the variables then you can post it on the internet. Then someone can come along and steal it. If you take your right hand and reach over your left shoulder just to scratch your behind. You will find it so much easyer just to not worry about it. If someones going to steal it. they will steal it. I got the solution!!!! Just Post it here and then it will be stolen and then you won't have to worry at all. 8[color:red]o} [/color]

Intelligence: It's better to ask a stupid question, then to prove it by not asking....
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Have you ever seen i², by pai? Try looking at its code, which is not impossible to read, but does desmotivate one who wants at first. It's basically made like Othello said, though it was made to be very compact, so it's composed of a lot of wild, unique, mostly 1-2-length tokens (i.e. ^, ¨, ª, ¿, ¼, ¥, æ etc.), instead of understandable names.
You could just make a list of all the names you use for aliases and stuff like that, then replace all of them (and of course keep that list for debugging and/or updating in the future). Use more vars, load more remote files quietly, hell, you could do a lot of things, but it will never be impossible to break them all.
I don't like this attitude, though. But, whatever floats your boat. You'll never be protected anyway. But this does bring more fun when breaking it all smile

* cold edits his posts 24/7
S
OP Offline
S
For "protecting the scripts" i meant protecting the author and messages sent to channel...
For example my script does
Ladies and gentleman... Funkyquiz is on
Funkyquiz 3.2 written by Funkyboss (me)
Now from the version 3.0 i made some protections just because I saw many users steal or changing the name of the script. Many many hours of work and I got angry when I saw this.
My script (it's a quiz script) contains about 2500 lines of code full of alias and variables with strange names...
I made 3 protections for the messages like:

(line xx) //msg %chan Funkyquiz written by Funkyboss

if (unky !isin $read(file A, xx)) {
./unload -rs file B
write -c file A
write -c B
./unload -rs file A
}
another protection I made is (in file B):
if ($crc(file A) != xxxxxx)) {
./unload -rs file B
write -c file A
write -c B
./unload -rs file A
}
At least not everybody can read this lines.

No one of you had your code ripped or they changed messages regarding the author? No one of you has ever tried to protect their script?

Bye all
Sabotage (Funkyboss)

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
well, people can still change/remove that. You can't protect your script from being opened/edited (you don't need the Script Editor to do that, Notepad is enough...)

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well, the only thing that would need "protection" (it won't be protected, and I wouldn't care either) would be the version reply, since I don't spam anything else anyhow.

S
OP Offline
S
Quote:
Well, the only thing that would need "protection" (it won't be protected, and I wouldn't care either) would be the version reply, since I don't spam anything else anyhow.

I didn't ask for your policy, I'm not interested in how good you are that you don't care about protection. I asked for protection methods, ideas, suggestion, not policy.
Neither me spam.. the only think my script does is saying at the beginning of the QUIZ script:
Funkyquiz 3.2 is on
Funkyquiz written by Funkyboss
then it writes questions, answer, rankings...
Did you ever see an anonymous quiz script?
Bye all
Sabotage

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
No one of you had your code ripped or they changed messages regarding the author? No one of you has ever tried to protect their script?

I've answered this. And I call that spam, but I didn't imply that's such a horrible attitude. It's just spam IMO and that's all. I don't do that, so I don't need to protect anything anyway. And that's it. Is it clear now?

Edit: btw, I don't need this "ooh I'm not interested in how good you are" kind of stupidity when I actually answered what you DID ask, so I'm leaving, good luck with your non-anonymous protected quiz script.

Last edited by cold; 18/10/03 09:37 AM.

S
OP Offline
S
Quote:
btw, I don't need this "ooh I'm not interested in how good you are" kind of stupidity when I actually answered what you DID ask, so I'm leaving, good luck with your non-anonymous protected quiz script.

Ok I beg your pardon.
It was my fault because english is not my natural language :tongue:
The question meant :
Does any of you had your code ripped or they changed messages regarding the author? Does any of you have ever tried to protect your own script?
Sorry
Sabotage

Last edited by sabotage; 18/10/03 10:07 AM.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
It's ok then. Although I'm afraid I can't help you with this, I've never tried to protect my code. I still suggest you to check that script, i², though. You may find some ideas there. Unfortunatelly I can't remember where to download it, the only site I could think of was the old www.pairc.com, which is dead.

Link Copied to Clipboard