mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#5571 13/01/03 10:03 PM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ur right about carless and selfish ..... all it took was one time of me getting infected and i shut my pc up so tight that half the time i feel like ive gotta get a note from my mother now to do anything ...... but hey it is worth the trouble to me to know im not someone carrying and passing out one of these viruses ..... ..... nor do i click on urls or anyother link anymore ....... ive even stopped accepting email but from a list of like 6 places/ppl ......altho the majority of the world would look at this as insanity to protect urself ..... i think of it as me also protecting others since i dont really have the knowledge these mentally challanged script kiddies do for thier efforts of causeing nothing but annoyance to others ..... i chose to sit back not fight but protect myself ...... and in 6 yrs only once was i infected ...... ........ i wish more ppl cared about having something around to enjoy as much as we all do ...... and wouldnt be hurting everyones fun ........ oh well the world is made up of so many different ppl ..... i guess we all have to accept this ...... or work around it

D3m0nnet.com
#5572 14/01/03 12:57 PM
Babel fish
Babel fish
The majority of people who use DDoS attacks have no skill. They use gigantic mirc scripted bot nets, yes, mirc script.

DDoS can be performed by [deleted] via a simple command such as [deleted]

No skill involved what so ever. There's also the [deleted] packetting, which the skill to do that consists of very few commands and patience while any good [deleted]

There's very very few users who actually write their own exploits or know anything about how to do it without their precious little scripts and botnets. Bottom line (IMO), I know a lot of people who packet, I know a lot of people who've packetted me and later showed me how it's done (I used to suffer monstrous DDoS attacks on various sites, and servers of mine) and to my amazement it was nothing more (most times) than a +s IRC channel with hundreds of 'irc zombies' where the 'zombie master' could type[deleted]

No skill involved in my opionion. More like, a sad life in which someone trys to feel superior to people online to make themselves feel better.

moderator note: no offense Grimz, but right now i dont think we need to be giving anyone anything they might consider a learning tool. Suffice it to say the commands i deleted were very simple and as Grimz said, dont require any skill.

Last edited by ParaBrat; 14/01/03 01:27 PM.

- Linux System Administrator, Darktides Communications, LLC.
#5573 15/01/03 02:44 AM
Babel fish
Babel fish
That's fine you deleted the commands, they were a mere example of many various botnet scripts I've seen.

My whole point of showing an example was not to give anyone any idea to make one or go find a botnet but rather to show that like most scripts out there, it's very very easy to do.

I don't think DALnet will 'survive' as it used to, it will continue being hit until it's dead or atleast obliterated. They probably didn't expect DALnet to lose server links (atleast the ones that left) over it and since they did probably think that was "Cool" and want to see how many more they can make leave.

I also don't believe the attacks will stop after they're done with DALnet, but rather they will go to the next biggest networks (QuakeNet, EfNET, UnderNet, WebNet, etc) which various of them already suffer DDoS and have been recently hit from what I've read.

While I can agree with whoever said "kiddies" do not have an age limit, typically most are 11-15 from my expeirence, though I've seen many 18-35 too.

With all exploits and faults avilable for virtually everything the problem isn't going to be resolved without new protocols being made. I'm not referring to IRC, but the majority of ways botnets do packet people can be patched with newer protocols but that would definitly break the way many many things work.

Perhaps one day these people can find themselves working at an ISP that gets DDoS'd non-stop and can see what it really does other than "taking it down"; it's far worse than that.

- Linux System Administrator, Darktides Communications, LLC.
I
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
I
Variables within this co-op are now mine. Say Good-Bye, Dal-Net.....

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Ummm, excuse my intrusion but you sound like you want it to happen... :tongue: :tongue:

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
geez some ppl really have no reason for being online ........ and ur one of them ....... anyone wishin well to those that do harm to the internet really are one of ur lower forms of life

D3m0nnet.com
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
oh by the way buddy, um you mis-spelled god ......tisk tisk put your computer back in the box and give it to someone that deserves it...you obviously cant use spellcheck

P
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
P
Isn't it Dalnet's back? I've been on dalnet since last week... but most friends are gone... frown

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
4 times as many client servers are online now vs a few weeks ago....ok 1x4 is still 4 :P but DALnet is definatly getting better

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
more ppl have been able to get on DALnet over the past few days, but certainly not in the numbers they could before this started. Be patient smile

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard