mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
loner Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
L
[04:41] DCC Send from badass rejected (invalid parameters)
-
[04:45] DCC Send from badass rejected (invalid parameters)
-
[04:47] DCC Send from badass rejected (invalid parameters)

Shown in my status window when dcc exploit attempts has been blocked, but when I started using the dcc exploit fix for 6.1 & 6.11@ http://www.mircscripts.org/comments.php?id=2310 on my mIRC 6.12, no more invalid parameters shown, except the echo nicks & channels from the dcc exploit fix were shown in my active window. Maybe the addon fixed the invalid parameters?

Lord didn't come to call for the righteous, but sinners to repent.
W
Babel fish
Babel fish
W
You don't need the dcc exploit fix addon if using 6.12.
The 'Invalid Parameters' message is the built-in exploit fix hard at work.

C
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
C
Just like WhoJoeDaddy mentioned, the message you get is the same as the versions before 6.0 ... I know for certain that users still using 5.71 and 5.91 versions were getting the same exact 'Reject' line.

D
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
D
The thing is, the DCC exploit is not an invalid DCC request. It may well have perfectly legal parameters, the filename simply contains too many words for mIRC to handle. mIRC should handle the request properly instead of displaying an error message.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well since it's not capable anyway, I think it's fine just not accepting them. Maybe it wasn't possible to fix it that way, then Khaled decided to let it be limited? I don't have the knowledge to know that anyway.

* cold edits his posts 24/7
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I havent had a single real file sent to me that **************************.
(damn i almost said what the exploit is, i was checking my post over and realised so deleted it).

I do however accept the dcc sends, if it has a valid IP with it, there are two types of exploiters, those that understand what they are doing, and those who are nobs who just copy what they think is whats happening. I have had 3 of the latter, its a real fun day, to PM them witrh a Thanks for the attempted exploit, your IP of etc etc has been recorded and is being passed to a IRCop

Link Copied to Clipboard