mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#55401 17/10/03 01:14 AM
K
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
K
I'll admit, I've done this since whatever-powers-that-be decided the status window icon should turn to a LOUSY shade of red rather than what it was for ages.

Since that red is more distracting that anything I've ever had, I had been altering the status window's icon to use icon from older versions of mirc. (It used to have blue textish lines in the icon, rather than the ugly red ones used now)

Why oh why do you need 'protections', the bloody hackers will crack it anyways probably, and me, the oldschool fan, will be locked out cold.

I liked that old icon, now, with the 'forced' upgrade to 6.12 because of the DCC bug, I'm stuck with a nasty red-lined status bar icon rather than the nice blue one from pre-6.x versions.

How about the old icon, since these 'protections', are probably here to stay. If not the old icon, how about a method/settings to change it???

btw, I don't care or want to hear about 'legality' issues, its the exact reason why copyrights in this forsaken world are so screwed up that I can't continue using an icon from an older version of mIRC.
So if you want to banter me about legality, don't bother.

#55402 17/10/03 05:36 AM
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Maybe you're the only one being bothered by the red icons, but you're definitely not alone regarding new 'protections'.

Currently you can use a dll to change the Status icon when mIRC starts. For example,
  • On *:start:{
    var %cmd = dll sz.dll SetIcon status window > status.ico
    server my.first.server
    %cmd
    server -m my.second.server
    %cmd
    server -m my.third.server
    %cmd
    }

(tested on Win98se with v6.12)
This command changes only the window icon, and the Switchbar icon remains intact. I don't think you can change it with a single command unless you get or write a script with a custom Switchbar.

If you eventually decide to stick to 6.03, an editable yet exploitable version, this post might help.

Link Copied to Clipboard