mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#55376 16/10/03 09:11 PM
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
mIRC should have local connection varriables, instaid of adding $cid and $network to the vars each time using them

that could be really useful
what do you think??

I thought about something like /set -l ...
or /lset ...
it could be accessed as a normal varriable or with a new syntax, lets say $l(%var_name) \ %$var_name \ %lvarname (L as in LOCAL) or even a new thing, such as *var \ ^var ....

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
*var \ ^var... No... It would break a lot of scripts.
You are proposing a major change for something that has more simple resolutions. Khaled would also have many problems with which he would have to deal. For instance, where would this variables be stored? there would be a new section in the mIRC editor?
You can simply create an alias l that would read $cid, create a hash table for each connection id and then look for items with the parameter you specified. And the equivalent for a command...

Who will trade his karma for my kingdom?
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
thought of that, but then accessing them won't be comfortable

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Won't be comfortable?
You would just have to type /l myvar value and $l(myvar). Which is basically the equivalent to /set and $var.

Who will trade his karma for my kingdom?
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
think about someone who has lots of lines already coded that won't work right when using multi servers, if there was something as I was saying it would have been much simpler to upgrade a script

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
then he should update the scripts to multiserv...

it's not up to Khaled imho to make mIRC compatible with old scripts... the script writers should make the updates to it!

multiserver has been around for quite some time now... scripters should have had the chance to update everything by now...

most scripts require lots more then just vars changed if it wants to work with multiserver, so it's no big deal to change the vars while you are at it

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Link Copied to Clipboard