mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Hi all! :-)

I'm currently writing my own mIRC script, and I have recently made a simple program with delphi that will install all the files in the mIRC directory specified. This all works, but I would like to take it a step further: I would like to make the program force mIRC to load the remote script ini file (GoneWacko_BattleNet_Ladder.ini).

Is this possible with the command line parameters or any other way, or will I have to find the window and make the program type the /load -rs GoneWacko_BattleNet_Ladder.ini ?

I could just tell people what to type, but this would be great to also improve my programming skills smile

Thanks in advance! smile

if (!success) { try++ }
V
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
V
Perhaps this will give you some ideas:

mIRC shell extensions

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You could also add the ini file to the [Remote] section in the mirc.ini file. On load, mirc looks there and loads acripts as listed.

-KingTomato
G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Thanks! laugh

Adding to the [rfiles] section will probably work, but the mIRC Shell Extensions may definately come in handy later on.

Last edited by GoneWacko; 17/10/03 09:46 AM.

if (!success) { try++ }
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
yes, my mistake--rfiles >:D

-KingTomato
G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
I gave it a shot

It all works... But somehow delphi won't initialize the mirc.ini file... It gives an exception fault when running. If I can get this solved, the installer is done smile

Making the program write to the [rfiles] section was easier said than done, seeing as mirc uses the N x (x = a number) syntax to list all the files. So I had to do a while loop to see which value's exist. I hope it doesn''t end up looping all the way and adding 999999999999999 entries grin. But I don''t know because of that problem with the initialization I told you about earlier smile

if (!success) { try++ }

Link Copied to Clipboard