mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#55101 15/10/03 08:56 PM
D
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
D
Is there a script that I can keep my connection alive. Because after a while my connection drops and it says Software 10053 Disconection. I just wanted a script that I can have that won't allow that to happen anymore. I'm not sure if it's the firewall, but I did upgrade my firmware for my router, which is a Linksys router. Any suggestions would be great.

#55102 15/10/03 09:00 PM
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
you can make script that pings server all the time (but server do this on you by itz own) - AND you will surely get lagged and you will get killed or d/c again for flooding server, so itz pointless, more about conn probs you have on forum here Section Conn problems :P

#55103 15/10/03 09:38 PM
T
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
T
You need to know WHY you are being disconnected. This message is generic to many reasons so doesnt explain much.

If you are getting disconnected from DoS, then you should work via a proxy to hide your IP.
If you are getting flooded, then implement some flood protection so you wont lag and disconnect.
If the server is laggy, then it will disconnect you, with this message, as it thinks you pinged out cause you missed sending the 'Pong' in time.
If its your ISP disconnecting you due to inactivity, then a simple timer should keep it active: /timer 0 60 ping irc.server.com (or indeed a pong, or anything that will send a command to the server), the time of 1 min means you wont exceed your sendQ limit and get killed for flooding as you are limited to the amount of characters you can send per line, so no matter what you use in the timer, you wont get killed, unless of course you set it to send 1000 tsunami type flood messages, which is a bit stupid lol

There may be other reasons as to why your getting disconnected, but this are the main reasons.

----
-= Aliquando Et Insanire Iucundum Est =-
ImmorTalZ: irc.immortalz.org/
#55104 17/10/03 12:34 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
search for 10053 and the only thing you will get is that alot of people suffer from it and no one knows what is really causing it ;-]

since the last few weeks I get too much 10053 disconnects :-[ before that it only happend a few times... both with 6.03 as with 6.12

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Link Copied to Clipboard