Print Thread
#55078 15/10/03 08:09 PM
B
bunar Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
i am interested how can i reset (set to zero or something) in mirc 6.03 $ip number on start, same goes to $network coz it always echos my old ip and last network i conected

also i saw /resetidle command, if that resets OR edits to some other number my idle time, does that also affects when some1 does whois on me or is it just for my internal mirc sys something?
like if i set idle time to 100 hrs, will that just echo to me or it will be displayed like that if some1 do whois on me?

one more... i have in popups to enable script (/remote on/off)
and then it sets %script on or off and my popup is "checked" BUT if i do manually /remote off it still says Script On (checked) coz %script stays ON, how can i have influence on this if i do simmiliar and THAT command manual ???

#55079 15/10/03 09:18 PM
T
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
T
Quote:
am interested how can i reset (set to zero or something) in mirc 6.03 $ip number on start, same goes to $network coz it always echos my old ip and last network i conected

$ip gets the ip set in localinfo (alt+o -> connect -> localinfo), this is usually filled when you connect to the server so you can dcc effectively. I don't believe there is a way of getting this IP from basic mirc, you will have to get/make a dll to get this from windows/dos.

Quote:
also i saw /resetidle command, if that resets OR edits to some other number my idle time, does that also affects when some1 does whois on me or is it just for my internal mirc sys something?
like if i set idle time to 100 hrs, will that just echo to me or it will be displayed like that if some1 do whois on me?

No. The /whois reply is server based. The time the server sends to the client requesting the info is the amount of time since a PRIVMSG command was last sent to the server. The $idle variable is an internal mirc feature, and can't be seen by others unless u create a script to allow them to see the contents of that variable.

Quote:
one more... i have in popups to enable script (/remote on/off)
and then it sets %script on or off and my popup is "checked" BUT if i do manually /remote off it still says Script On (checked) coz %script stays ON, how can i have influence on this if i do simmiliar and THAT command manual ???

Remote is an internal command so its hard to create an alias, as it can't change the variable as well as doing the proper command. By this i mean, if you create an alias for remote, you can't direct to what remote used to do, as your overriding what should happen when remote is called, if you call remote, in an alias called remote, it will create an infinite loop.
Usually you would just use 'alias <command>' and 'Raw <command>' for server based commands.
You would have to create a group kinda thing, which will switch off the alias as soon as it changes the %script variable, this way the default remote alias will be called.

----
-= Aliquando Et Insanire Iucundum Est =-
ImmorTalZ: irc.immortalz.org/
#55080 15/10/03 09:28 PM
B
bunar Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
thanx for detailed answers

#55081 15/10/03 11:13 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
Remote is an internal command so its hard to create an alias, as it can't change the variable as well as doing the proper command. By this i mean, if you create an alias for remote, you can't direct to what remote used to do, as your overriding what should happen when remote is called, if you call remote, in an alias called remote, it will create an infinite loop.

No it won't, it will use the default /remote command.

Code:
alias remote {
  echo -a a
  remote $1-
}

#55082 16/10/03 12:38 AM
T
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
T
My mistake.

----
-= Aliquando Et Insanire Iucundum Est =-
ImmorTalZ: irc.immortalz.org/
#55083 16/10/03 01:01 AM
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
"am interested how can i reset (set to zero or something) in mirc 6.03 $ip number on start"
You can set $host/$ip with "/localinfo NotSet 0" - see /help /localinfo.

#55084 16/10/03 10:06 PM
B
bunar Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
/localinfo -uh [host ip]

Looks up and sets your local info settings. The -u switch performs a /userhost lookup, the -h switch does a normal lookup. If you wish, you can also set the local info manually by specifying the host and ip values.

nothing about NOTSET 0 but ok, it works BUT it only can give 1 digit type (just 21839712, not 127.001.888 bla bla)

AND how can i do that crap with $network?

#55085 17/10/03 05:10 AM
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Quote:
nothing about NOTSET 0 but ok, it works
That would be this part "If you wish, you can also set the local info manually by specifying the host and ip values" The IP needs to ba a valid IP number, but 0 does work.

As for $network... All I can think of is you use something like $iif($server,$network,NUL), Change NUL to whatever...

Link Copied to Clipboard