Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
MrZebra Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone was working on a possible patch for 6.03.

I understand that the people who develop mIRC are not. I was just wondering if anyone else possibly was? I am not a program developer or anything, so I have no idea what is changed in 6.12 to protect it from the exploit, and thus I have no way of trying to patch 6.03 myself.

I have tried numerous versions of a script to attempt to bypass the exploit, with no success.

Please don't flame, I fully understand that 6.12 is available. In fact I have installed it for the time being so that I can peacefully chat without the fear of someone crashing my mIRC. I'm simply someone who prefers 6.03 for numerous reasons, and was wondering if anyone out there might be working on it.

Thanks for your time,
Z

T
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
T
hello m8
you can try this little addon, seems to work fine for everyone that had tested it
http://www.mircscripts.org/comments.php?id=2120

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
No one except Khaled can make such a patch. The only options you have are:
1.) Install a script
2.) Don't use DCC
3.) Upgrade to 6.12
4.) Don't use mIRC

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
heh, if only everyone was like you :P

Along with the aforementioned addon, I believe codemastr is working on a DLL that will fix this bug in 6.03, or make 6.12 look like 6.03...message him for details, unless he posts here.

I should imagine there'll be quite a few peple working on an exploit fix for 6.03, so watch this space.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
No I'm not working on such a DLL any longer, I'm no longer using mIRC and therefore I don't feel like wasting my time writing a dll I have no use for.

M
MrZebra Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
re: codemastr

I am aware of my options.
As I mentioned, I do currently have 6.12 installed. I simply would prefer to go back to 6.03, and thus I hope something can be done to fix it.
As far as installing a script, what script would you suggest? I have tried two that I found via the forums, and neither worked to stop the exploit. I have also attempted several scripts on my own, with no success.

Z

T
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
T
well did you tried the link i posted here?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Yet you feel the need to post on the mIRC forums?

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Where does it say these forums are for mIRC users only? I don't recall reading that rule...

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
And I never recalled saying you couldn't post on these boards smile - I was just commenting on the fact that you have no need to make a DLL for mIRC because you no longer use the client, and yet you DO feel the need to continue to whine here? You're just looking for an argument. Indeed, you've spent a lot of time helping here and that cannot be dismissed, however, you have also annoyed so many people with your constant whining (possibly even more than me!)

But, as usual, arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall, you don't listen and you always come back with some argument or another, so rather than turning this into a private conversation, I'll just not reply here anymore..preferably you'll do that too, but it's doubtful, you feel you always have to have the last word.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Even if you have no use for the dll, many other people could have. such altruism would surely guarantee a place in heaven :tongue:

By the way, which IRC client are you using?

Who will trade his karma for my kingdom?
R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Quote:
You're just looking for an argument.

LOL. Have you looked at your last posts, Mentality? It's almost everything mIRC 6.03 vs 6.1x related, many with commentaries we cannot exactly call polite. Then you have one you call someone pathetic...
I had to scroll down a lot to find a message in which you actually helped a person.

D
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
D
I remember people saying they wouldn't upgrade to 6.0 or whatever version it was when Khaled changed the '***' to '*' in the event messages. I really don't see what's so bad about the new look of mIRC. So what if it has toolbar grips? Yes, I agree that they should only be there if you can move the toolbar around like the switchbar, but who knows? Maybe Khaled is planning on allowing that and just hasn't finished it yet.

-- dylan
M
MrZebra Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
re: tontino

Unfortunately, running a proxy via port 8080 isn't an option for me at this time. Though I do appreciate the post.

I am still hoping that someone somewhere can come through with something that will let me go back to 6.03, as I truly enjoy that version of mIRC.

Z

M
MrZebra Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
re: dylan

Actually the "grips" don't really bother me that much at all. I just prefer 6.03 for several different reasons(which I really don't want to go into detail on, because I didn't want this thread to become a flame thread, or thread where people compare 6.03 and 6.12).

Please people do not flame each other. I merely started this thread to ask if anyone out there was working on a possible exploit fix for 6.03. I am using 6.12, I would merely like to go back to 6.03.

Thanks,
Z

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Actually, you don't have to look very far to find threads where I have helped people...that's not an opinion..it's fact. Scroll 12 posts up for example, in this thread.

Unfortunately, since the release of 6.1 the main topic of this entire board is "Complain about 6.1" and more recently "Complain that 6.03 hasn't had a bugfix" - Therefore, there has been little else to comment on.

I am quite happy to end this ENTIRE discussion once and for all...I find no joy in replying to arrogance, but I hate the way people are acting. It's just a shame that people like codemastr, and clearly you too, refuse to let the subject drop.

</participation>

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
T
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
T
you can change ports or make a special redirection to another proxy server if you want.
pvt msg me

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Well, there's no discussion with only one part, so you're as guilty it has continued as I and other people are.
However, I should agree this topic is saturated. Everyone has presented his opinions and there's nothing more to add.

M
MrZebra Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
re: tontino

I mis-spoke. The issue is not the port the proxy server would be run on. The issue is that from my current location, I can not run another program. Only the mIRC program. Thus running a proxy server is not an option for me unfortunately. Thanks again though for the post, perhaps this will be usefull for others.

I'm still hoping that perhaps some fix can be found for 6.03. Obviously I'm not expecting it, just hoping.

Z

T
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
T
its is an addon that runs in mirc, where mirc will connect then.
i know it seems strange, but works fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard