mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
Stupid question I know, but is there an answer to it? Is there actually an IRC Network with usually the most amount of people?

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M

D
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
D
Try here XGoogle.ORG

--
http://www.globirc.net
irc.globirc.net
P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
P
I think webchat

www.webchat.org
java.webchat.org 6667 smirk

@#Mirc.script

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Webchat is relatively small. Whoever first said size doesn't matter was right - it's the quality that counts!

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't think Webchat is exactly small even in relative terms. 30,000 users is not 100,000 of course but Webchat do host one of, if not THEE largest IRC channels in the world (1800 users on a good night), not bad considering that half the world is on akick from there.

Compare this network to the 1000's of shell based IRC servers with 13 admins/opers, 7 bots, 3 chatters, 2 empty Coke cans and a dodgy proxy detector. Webchat also shuns the theory that only Unix based networks can tough it out as Webchat is made up of Windows, Linux, Free BSD, Solaris and I think even a Mac based server. Webchat also has good uptimes, great Services (Services are now embedded into the IRCd - the way it should be) and very good connections to the net. You couldn't want for more in an IRC network.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Exactly. And I did say relatively - personally I have never felt the need to use any other network. smile

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.

Link Copied to Clipboard