mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#54701 14/10/03 04:07 PM
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
Before the exploit stuff, I used mIRC 6.03, it ran without any problems. But now that I updated to 6.11 (and finally to 6.12), mIRC has started crashing randomly. The crashes are like the DCC crashes, xcept there is nothing shown in the debug. Please help.

P.S. The exploit is not the cause, I get DCC Send from <user> rejected (invalid parameters) when someone tries to crash me.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There is a newer DCC epxloit (i think anyways) unfortunatly. The same people like to carry these things out, because they're so "cool" and usually they are jealous of mIRC being as popular as it is. This is just one way for them to decrease the user count using mirc.

-KingTomato
C
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
C
Yes, You are correct, there is a newer DCC SEND exploit.
I guess its not a "NEW" one, done the same way, just instead of sent to users, its sent to channels.

-Cypris
S
OP Offline
S
You can easily catch the exploit with the /debug command, unfortunately, this isn't the case. As I said before, IT IS NOT THE DCC EXPLOIT, unless they know a way to message it to my client before my client can read it & crash mIRC smirk

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Damn, I can't believe it.

*frustrated*

* cold edits his posts 24/7
S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
I gotta say, I'm pretty ticked off as well. 6.11 ran just fine, but since upgrading to 6.12, mIRC keeps crashing completely at random. This is NOT NOT NOT the DCC exploit, because the private network I'm on has DCC COMPLETELY BLOCKED FROM THE SERVER SIDE

whatever "fix" was implimented, has broken mIRC worse

S
OP Offline
S
I'm going to test the crash tomorrow, need to do all that I normally do without scripts (so they won't mess up anything). Will post more info if I find something grin

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Hmm, I've been using 6.12 since it's release and haven't experienced one crash. I've also had 3 variations of this exploit sent to me to test it, and all of them were blocked by the bugfix.

*gets frustrated with cold* :P

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
OP Offline
S
I got this error with script(s) in use:

AppName: mirc.exe
AppVer: 6.1.2.0
ModName: mirc.exe
ModVer: 6.1.2.0
Offset: 0002b637

and once again, no debug info of anything sent or typed... crazy

The clean install doesn't appear to crash... at least not yet...

S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
i have been having the same problem too since version 6.1 came out. version 6.1 & 6.12 both randomly crash for me within 24 hours of being started. i DO run a custom file serving script i wrote and believe the crashes come from a change/error in the scripting language. unlike the DCC eploit crash, my mIRC will just hang... keep running in the task bar and task manager but i cannot interact with the program and must close it in the task manager.

so there is my problem. hope someone solves the problem for the next version but until then i will be running 6.03 which hasnt crashed yet.

SPooNY

_
_
i just had the same problem on 6.12
the script was supposed to auto ident, it did it always before without a fuss, but it got hung, using 100% of cpu time so i ended the task.

turned debug on to what happens. it surely is from the script, but not an error in the script, but the way it is handled

T
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
T
well the best thing you can do is ask, someone that was in your chan, if someone else crashed also and waht was the quit message.

R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
Same here. Win2K and random crash within 24h hours with 6.12 and sysreset 2.53. Everything was just fine before that with 6.03.

It MIGHT be the so called new DCC exploit but note that I already tried this summer to upgrade to 6.1 and the SAME thing had happen and pushed me to downgrade back to 6.03. At this time it wasn't a big fuss so I just forgot about it...

Btw, DrWatson traces are useless as ever (just a c0000005 error as usual and a faulty addressing in <nosymbols> around 0x0042bxxx or 0x0042cxxx), but if it can be of some interest for you don't hesitate to ask for...

Now I'm just cornered between a 'dangerous' 6.03 with exploit and a crashing 6.12...

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Interestingly, searching for sysreset in Bug reports turns up several post about crashes, with 6.1 >.

Link Copied to Clipboard