mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Crib Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
C
the new update for mIRC doesn't seem to be compatible with Invision script...when i boot it up it says in the status window "ERROR > is designed for mIRC 6.02 and above, please download mIRC 6.02 or above from http://www.mirc.com"

and a window pops up saying a serious error has accoured and that invision will close in 60 seconds.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
ask the author of invizion to update his script then..

new username: tidy_trax
R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
See this is where a lot of people are mistaken, scripts like <your favorite script here> are supposed to be compatible with mIRC, not the other way around. If you wait for a bit, I'm sure Invision will be updated for compatibility with the latest mIRC release.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
You didn't really expect authors of scripts to get a mIRC release before it's actually released so they can update their scripts, did you? And as the other guy said, you got it backwards. Also, the author of that script is not the brightest kid on the block for claiming it works with 6.02 and above, since he has not a clue what changes will be made in future versions. The best he can do is say it's designed for 6.02.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Quote:
Also, the author of that script is not the brightest kid on the block for claiming it works with 6.02 and above, since he has not a clue what changes will be made in future versions. The best he can do is say it's designed for 6.02.

Indeed, and quite possibly does not understand the use of > either... wink

PastMaster

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
G
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
G
You can edit it to work with invision. open the 'igostop' remote section, ctrl-g to line 276.

then replace that line with this line:
if ($version != 6.02) && ($version != 6.01) && ($version != 6.12) { error $r.glob(Script,Logo) is designed for mIRC 6.02 and above, please download mIRC 6.02 or above from http://www.mirc.com | halt }

The only change is the third $version part, so you can just change that if you prefer.

So if you're doing this from mIRC itself, work fast, you only have a minute!

Be sure to apply the changes. mIRC may restart after the 60 secs anyway, or it may not, but either way it'll work fine next time you boot it.

OK?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
haha clearly this scripter isnt that smart if he doesnt use a $version >= 6.02 instead of checking each one..

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard