mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
B
I just upgraded to mirc 6.12 today to get rid of the exploit and have found you've messed it all up!

Put it back the way it was in 6.03!

Many people warned me not to upgrade, but i thought they must be wrong.....but how right they were.....

Im going back to 6.03! Probably with the rest of the long time users!

Why the need to change the menus? There was nothing wrong with the way they were! I dont plan on relearning a client ive used for years........

A
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
A
werd
mIRC 6.03 crew member #002 signing in.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
I just upgraded to mirc 6.12 today to get rid of the exploit and have found you've messed it all up!

If you're not talking about bugs, then no, nothing is messed up, it's just your opinions being in conflict with it.

Quote:
Im going back to 6.03! Probably with the rest of the long time users!

I wouldn't say so. I'd say "probably with the rest of the lazy users". IMHO, of course.

Quote:
Why the need to change the menus? There was nothing wrong with the way they were! I dont plan on relearning a client ive used for years........

Relearning a client? Simply because the menus have changed? Why should they be changed back if you don't even try ("plan") to get used to the new ones? I don't know why exactly they were changed, but I don't know also what's so hard about this.

Concluding, the suggestion is: stay with 6.03.

* cold edits his posts 24/7
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
I wouldn't say so. I'd say "probably with the rest of the lazy users". IMHO, of course.

Lazy? Well me personally, before I switched clients, I was working on a dll to restore all the 6.03 stuff. How exactly does that make me lazy? I've never heard taking on additional work making someone lazy...

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well my fault then, I thought it was clear that it was addressed to everyone who doesn't do anything (either coding or giving it reasonable trying) but bitching about it.

By the way, I hope you release this DLL when it's finished (if so). It seems it would be handy.

Last edited by cold; 14/10/03 04:48 AM.

* cold edits his posts 24/7
G
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
G
Quote:

Messed up? How much less descriptive can you get? You haven't mentioned one real problem in mIRC your text.

Quote:

Well if you want to be an old dog refusing to be house trained then that's your problem. I've been using mIRC since Windows 3.1, and never had a problem with any upgrades. This includes the recent 6.12 upgrade. It took me less than 5 mins to manually verify and adjust all the mIRC option settings. In my opinion, there were a small number of cosmetic changes between 6.03 and 6.12.

6.12 if functional. All my scripts are working flawlessly; no modifications were needed.

Upgrades are simple, if you plan for them. I use two techniques:

1) I take snapshots of all my configurations, print them out and save them for reference when I upgrade.

2) Do a trial install on a second PC and match configuration options the old version on the first PC. Then once I have identified all the tweeking needed, I upgrade the first PC.

D
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
D
The change in the Connect and Servers menu's under options is REALLY annoying. Sure it's only cosmetic and for people that always connect to the same server with the same nickname it's no big deal but for others it's a pain.

Link Copied to Clipboard