mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Q
qFox Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Q
Alright, i hope this is not to be taken as a non-windows version or something like the sticky above mentions... I also hope this hasnt been suggested before, couldnt find anything on it myself...

Would it be hard to make a standalone application that allows you to use mirc-scripting (as a whole, including events and what not) but not requiring mirc itself to run them.

I dont mean to put away with mirc, but if you could build stand alone application from mirc-scripting-language they would obviously run much faster then they would in mirc.

For example, you could actually make better use of the graphical engine, or use of high-traffic sockets etc.

Yes i know that the language is build to work with channels and text being said on them, but its not dependend on that and surely no (longer) the only usage for the language...

So... a compiler-like application that would build standalone applications from mircscripting that dont require mirc itself to run.

have a go at it smile

qFox
EFnet #mirc
IRCNet #mirc

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
every time i see this suggestion to make mirc the next C\C++ or Java, I laugh. The idea of making mIRC a "language" is comical. Faster? Did I even hear mention of "high-traffic sockets"? lol--too funny

mIRC is meant to provide means for a user to customize and build off their irc experience. If you want a "standalon language" for IRC, you may consider eggdrop, windrop, or even good 'ol fasioned C\C++ and up and coming C#.

-KingTomato
Q
qFox Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Q
who said the next language, i would just like to see this language to be less limited in its capabilities... meaning more speed, and less limitations due to the client (i'm sure there are some...).

the only problem i can see here is the time it would take to export it (to a stand alone compiled language).
i can "consider" eggdrop or windrop or c or c++, but why cant i "consider" mirc if it would be available? hence my suggestion.

i surely cant be the only one who would like this? :\

Link Copied to Clipboard