mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
for some reason, as soon as i connect to the only server i use, mirc joins the channels i'm in.

the thing is, i don't WANT it to do it automatically, and so far as i can tell, there's no place that's telling it to do so.

none of the channels in the mIRC Favorites are set to auto-join, and my on connect script has channel joining set to happen about 7 seconds after the connect, so that it has time to get my nick ID'd and everything first...

"perform on connect" isn't active, and there's nothing in there either.

this has been going on for awhile, but as i just upgraded to 6.12, i figured i'd ask and see what's up while i'm here.

A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
Options -> IRC -> "Rejoin channels on connect"

N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
nope. that's not it. it's already unchecked

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
perhaps im misunderstanding, but you said your script is set to join those channels? 7 seconds isnt very long, and it may start its countdown from the first line you see. by the time all the server stuff scrolls by, i can see 7 secs being up.

Perhaps put your identify in perform along with the joins?

disclaimer: since im low on coffee, is entirely possible i misunderstood

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
i'm beginning to think something else was messing up my mIRC... i was doing some system maintenance (including the removal of all kinds of annoying adware and spyware) and the problem seems to have gone away. i'm chalking this one up to malware, and leaving it at that.

damned strange program interaction thought.

H
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
H
I'm having a similar problem...

When I downloaded mIRC and configured it, I was allowed to pick a channel to automatically join to on connection. Now, when I connect to the server, Mirc automatically joins me to the channel.

I want to make it stop, but can't find any options in the interface to make that happen. I've looked into the scripts and popups files and don't see anything that resembles what I need to edit.

Help!

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
could be:
- something in a script
-options/IRC you may have rejoin channels on connect checked
-you may have it in options/connec/options, under the perform button
-click on the favorites icon, highlight the channel in question and click on edit. see if you have it set to join on connect

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard