mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
___ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Hello. I have another couple of suggestions I would like to put forward.

1. A time-stamp view button. In the VIRC client, there is a button which, when pressed, shows time-stamps in channel windows. On it being pressed again, the time-stamps are hidden.

This is a really handy and convenient tool (well, button) to have, and I strongly believe mIRC would benefit from having it, too.

Furthermore, for those that do not like the idea, they will not be affected - just don't press the button. Or even better, have an option to hide the button, perhaps?

2. How may times have you been in a channel, and for whatever reason needed to view the log for it. I find it quite a pain to have to browse through my hard-drive to get to the log files. This is why I suggest some sort of tool that allows easy access of log files. I am not sure what the best integration for this would be, though an option to disable it would be a good idea, for those that dislike the idea.

As a final note, I would like to also point out that this previous suggestion of mine still stands, and I really would like to see it come into place in a future version of mIRC.

Thanks for your time.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You can get a list of all the logs easily by going to the Log Viewer to the Tools cascade in the menubar (or you can use Alt+T, E as a shortcut). If you want to run the current window's logfile on a single button press you could do so with a simple alias:
Code:
f12 if ($window($active).logfile) run $ifmatch

You can then use the F12 button to run the logfile if there's one available.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
___ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
starbucks_mafia: Thankyou for your reply. I was not aware of that feature, so I thank you for pointing it out to me.

My second suggestion is a little redundant now, though my first still stands.

Many thanks for your time.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
it's not "one button", but .. in aliases

/f9 /timestamp -a on
/f10 /timestamp -a off

will show or not show timestamps in the active window

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
J
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
J
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think the point of the "timestamp button" was that mIRC show timestamps for messages received before timestamping was enabled.

The current feature only timestamps messages received after you've enabled it.

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
for your second option press ALT + o click on IRC + it will open another lil section then click on logging ... from there click on veiw logs .. then select the logfiel u want to look at. make sure Lock log fiel isnt checked i thin that doesnt allow u to read it while actually logging. there may be a command to type that does all this but i dont know it.

D3m0nnet.com

Link Copied to Clipboard