Print Thread
#53305 10/10/03 04:50 PM
T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
I like the new addition of color schemes but I had a few notes to make:
  1. Currently, when a user opens the mIRC Colors dialog it resets all current colors to the colors of the last scheme activated. This is not good for theming engines, and I'm sure many other things as well. Perhaps when colors are changed mIRC should change it's current scheme to something like "Current Settings" or something.
  2. You should be able to save the current color settings as a new scheme name. like /color -a <SchemeName>
  3. Schemes (Except for the default mIRC Scheme) should be able to be deleted. /color -d <SchemeName>
  4. It would be nice for a $scheme(Name/N) identifier with possibly a $scheme(Name/N,ColorIndex) to get the color specified by ColorIndex. You could make it nicer by adding properties to the color index (maybe .r .g and .b)

Anyway, just some ideas, but I really think they should be implemented. :tongue:

-TheXenocide
ParseMPopup
#53306 12/10/03 08:28 PM
P
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
P
all of that is possible through scripting. schemes are saved in mirc.ini and updated in 'real-time', the list of schemes being loaded each time you open the dialog (instead of on start like other mIRC settings).

in addition, you can use /writeini to add a new scheme and /color -s <name> to apply it, so theme engines need not worry about colors reverting when the colors dialog is opened. i made a small addition to my engine when this feature was introduced and when it changes themes/color schemes, i use the above method to ensure that the colors dont change.

you can also add a new scheme according to your current colors, all you have to do is use $color and $rgb to create a tokenized list (in the proper order, mind you) for the scheme as well as the 16 color palette, then /writeini the new sheme and palette to mirc.ini.

deleting schemes is easily achieved using $ini, as is retreiving information with $readini.

i agree with you though, it would be nice if those features were implemented to save scripters time smile

#53307 13/10/03 05:02 AM
T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
agreed. I knew that it's stored in mIRC.ini, I always familiarize myself with it when a new version comes out wink but I figured it would benchmark about 90 times faster if there was a command to do it. mIRC has a fast scripting engine, but the internal commands do very complicated things much faster. besides, it's probably not a whole lot of work to add such a simple feature.

Anyway, it's just a thought

-TheXenocide
ParseMPopup

Link Copied to Clipboard