mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#53074 09/10/03 11:16 AM
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Hi, ok was reading the mIRC help file and came across "ON EXIT", read up on it, thought i'd give it ago.

*background info*
I have a few groups setup and enabled but i sometimes quit mIRC and forget to disable them and then when i next run mIRC the program complains that groups are still enabeled and messes up so i have to disable them, quit the server and then rejoin again.

*the solution*
I wanted to be able to disable a group that i had accidently forgotton to disable and thought on exit would do the job,
however i seem to be having a problem with it.

*the problem*
The problem is it wont disable the group

Code:
ON *:EXIT {
  if ($group == #exit enable) {
  }
  else {
    ($group == #exit disable)  }
}

Also i wanted it to play a wav to say i was disconnected from the server and then copy my mIRC.ini file to a location of my choice, how would i do this ?

I came up with this
Code:
  if ($group == #pmask enable) {
  }
  else {
    ($group == #pmask disable | splay disconnect.wav | copy $mircdir/mirc.ini D:\ )
  }
}

Maybe my problem lies in the IF and ELSE so i read up in the help file again they look alright, ieven put the pipes ( | ) in to seperate the splay and copy commands, maybe they are wrong, i dunno maybe the whole script is messed up.

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help me sort this one out
ShadowDemon
mIRC V6.1

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
#53075 09/10/03 11:27 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Code:
ON *:EXIT: {  
  [color:green]; copy this for each group[/color]
  if ($group(#groupname) == on) .disable #groupname 
  [color:green]; copy the mirc.ini[/color]
  .copy mirc.ini c:\
} 

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
#53076 09/10/03 11:32 AM
A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
ok, this part:
Code:
 if ($group == #exit enable) {  } 
else {    ($group == #exit disable)  }
} 

won't do anything, you don't have the comands, and you need to make sure you created the identifier $group (and that you aren't confusing with a variable %), and also you need another : after the EXIT.
Code:
 on *:EXIT: { <the command to disable the group> } 

and about the second part,
Code:
if ($group == #pmask enable) {  }  
else {    
($group == #pmask disable | splay disconnect.wav | copy $mircdir/mirc.ini D:\ )  }
} 

in this part you also need the : after EXIT, and again you use if but you don't have the commands to cancel the group in the { } also you don't need to put the commands in the else { } in parenthesis.

#53077 09/10/03 11:33 AM
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Arrgghh, Thanks one again LocutusofBorg blush

It works great

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
#53078 09/10/03 11:38 AM
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
hehe, thanks AgentMike, i alwasy seem to forget the : after the ON events

LocutusofBorg fixed it for me, but i will consider your options too, especially the second bit.

Wasnt sure about the $group and assumed it was needed, checked the help file and read it and the re-read it, maybe i got confused as i have never used this set of event before in a script i have made. confused

#53079 09/10/03 11:41 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
If you want to play a sound when you disconnect then use on DISCONNECT. on EXIT is triggered when mIRC closes, so it can't play a sound for long then (unless put it into an loop for a while).

Also the if in locutus' script isn't really needed. If you're going to distribute the script you will also probably want to use $shortfn($mircini) instead of mirc.ini, since not all users use mirc.ini (they might use bob.ini or jim.ini depending on who is using it).

#53080 09/10/03 11:54 AM
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Thanks Collective for you help

The script is for my own personal use. was wanting a way to copy my mirc.ini file to a safe location just incase my scripts get unloaded again, but seems Khaled has "fixed" it unloading in V6.1 (just a wild guess, cos it aint happened since V6.1 came out)

Yes i have an "on disconnect" script i was playing with and was considering using that and NOT having it in the "on exit" script.

The "on disconnect" script is not loaded at the mo, cos i was testing the "on exit" on another running copy of mirc on my test server.

Yeah i understand what you saying about the difference between on disconnect and on exit now, and taken into consderation

#53081 11/10/03 02:18 AM
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
copy -o $+(",$mircini,") C:\
The -o switch to overwrite any existing file of that name instead of an error. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard