mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Starter Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
Im on cable, and I get dialup speeds when moving game screenshots, and other files, between members of my guilds/nation (shadowbane > all)

Ive been testing this out, im currently sending a recording right now, of an enemy guild exploiting, to another nations IC, its 2.8 megs. Im getting a rate of 7.98 kb a second (he has adsl, i have cable), thats barly faster than dialup! Im used to seeing up to 300kb per second to places like microsoft!

This is with /fsend on and /pdcc on

What settings do I need to alter? Im running windows xp pro, is that limiting my transfers? confused

EDIT: Edited subject to make it more understandable... faster dcc... not chatting.. !

Last edited by Starter; 08/10/03 07:26 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The only setting that I've found having significant effect is /dcc packetsize 512
You can try any value between 512 and 8192, most people say they have the best success with 512.

Note that DCC is a horrible protocol for file sending, and a more suitable protocol such as FTP (File Transfer Protocol) will yield better results.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
you said you did: /PDCC on .. but whats the value u have? i using: /pdcc 99999999 .. then im shure i have the max allowed value smile

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Starting with v5.8, you need only do /pdcc on, the 9999999 is ignored

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
mIRC uses CPS or Bps (bytes per second), not bps (bits per second). to compare kBYTESps to kBITSps, bytes are 1/8 of bits

As Raccoon said tho, mIRC really isnt the best way to send files and it isnt intended to be since its focus is chatting.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard