mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
asdfjkl Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
If mIRC was freeware then more people would use it. A lot of people i know don't use mIRC because they have to register (they use a free client). If mIRC can't be made a freeware then maybe there should be a free version and another version that is shareware or you must pay to use it. The free version can be the exact same but doesn't include the online timer, address list, etc.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Quote:
If mIRC can't be made a freeware then maybe there should be a free version and another version that is shareware or you must pay to use it.

Maybe I have misunderstood your point here but mIRC is shareware and you must pay to use it after 1 month of usage. However, there is leverage for those who don't have the ability to purchase online in the form of mIRC remaining fully uncrippled after the 1 month period, so I don't see the need to make mIRC freeware smile

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I doubt Khaled's goal is to "get more people to use mIRC," I'm pretty sure the reason he charges for it is because well... food, a house, a car, ... none of that is free. He uses mIRC to make a living.

Link Copied to Clipboard