Print Thread
#52381 03/10/03 11:07 AM
C
cl0x Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
C
Ok, I need a wee bit of help here, is there a guideline on the site that teaches you about +v +o and that stuffs? I need some maj0rly help on it, I gettin' called a nub constantly because idiotic people probably don't even know what they mean either and what priveledges you get with each level.

#52382 03/10/03 12:02 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I think you find the answers in mirc.hlp .. look after "operator" and "voice" .. also look in ircintro.hlp .. much usefull info there smile or if you wondering about something, dont be affraid to ask on the forum smile

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#52383 03/10/03 05:22 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Here's a break down for the most part...

+o (@) - Operator
Ban, Kick, Voice, Channel Modes, etc. Basically everything but /chanserv <commands>

+h (%) - Half Op [Helper]
The majority of the following but, depending ont he server, some disallow banning, where tohers disallow kicking also. You also can not give clients operator when you are a Half-Op.

+v (+) - Voice
This is masically to bypass the +m (moderated) channel mode. Some channels use +m so that people cannot talk unless given the permission to. The permission is assigned my either +v, +h, or +o. If you do not have any of those modes, a client cannot talk in the channel.

Thats a sum up of the modes. As I said, all servers are different, but thats *usually* how it goes >:D

-KingTomato

Link Copied to Clipboard