Print Thread
#51871 29/09/03 07:34 AM
X
xuEz Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
X
With my previous com, whenever I download a file from irc, the filename is always incomplete, making it very difficult to resume files with the same starting filenames. When I click DCC in mirc, my whole program gets disconnected. And the DCC window that appears is a weird rectangular one with very funny filenames that I'm sure are not in my system. (eg, xxx_~_ , with underscores and the curly line) Maybe they're modified filenames, I'm not sure. This prob only started this year. Initally I thought it was a pc problem. So i got a new system, but the same problem is occuring.

I'm on a router but this problem didn't surface till the start of this year. I've checked and my router is working fine. I've been DDCing for a loong time with the same mirc version and router..all went well until when i formatted my com and reinstalled mirc. But it's weird how a new system gets this error as well.

mirc version - 5.91
Router - SMCABR7004
Network card - 3Com

Anyone can solve this ?? Been asking ard..no one has the answers. All help will be greatly appreciated. Thx a million ^^

#51872 30/09/03 05:22 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Please stop trying to expedite the help you receive by using the word URGENT in your header. mIRC is for fun, and therefor it is never urgent. Heart transplants are urgent. First aid when you spill boiling water over your child is urgent. mIRC is NEVER urgent.

com? I assume you mean computer here? Although I've never seen anyone use com to shorten it. comp, yes. com, no.

About the question: ou are bnot being clear. First you say new com, then you say you had the same problem on the old. What exactly changed between the last time you didn't have this problem and th first time you did?

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
#51873 02/10/03 12:22 PM
X
xuEz Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
X
OH...sooo sorry..i hardly used irc for chatting. I use it to direct DCC send projects and digital pics for my sch work to my classmates. Of course it's URGENT. It's my own preference of using com rather than comp and so far it has been understood by others what i mean here.

I did not change anything. The problem just occured after i formatted my old com, redownloaded irc, and there it started.
I got the same mirc version for my new com and the problem still persisted.

Faham ?

#51874 02/10/03 01:59 PM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Something changed. Programs don't stop working out of the blue.If you reformatted the system and installed mIRC fresh, it should work just fine.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius

Link Copied to Clipboard