mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
AKO Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
Clippy. A little freaking popup icon that would annoy you with little sounds and buzzers like the Windows XP Activation/Registration menu on the first install.

"Hi, welcome to mIRC! My name is Mugz, the mIRC animated alligator companion. I will assist you in using the functions of mIRC."

With making it insanely difficult to skip by the little bastard, and making it popup by default for every install smile

Seriously though, mIRC is a very to use IRC client. The help file, in my opinion, is one of the most extensible help files on the planet. I totally believe that the mIRC help file explains even the most complex scripting techniques (with the exception of com objects, DLLs, and regular expressions) with making it look like it's absolutely simple. Of course, it is...but it isn't that way to a lot of new people.

Many basic commands such as /join, /part, /hop, /nick, and /server should all be known features. That's really all you need to know. You don't even need to understand ident.....and for the most part, I've found people who get on IRC thinking mIRC is the 'software' and think it's a p2p app. With attitudes such as "WHEN I GET ON MIRC IT'S MUCH BETTER THAN FINDING THINGS ON KAZAA!" *ahem*, heh. If these people can figure it out, it doesn't have to be any more user friendly than it already is.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
I couldn't agree more smile

Altho I personally would have to torture "Clippy" by bending and twisting it outta shape until it can pop up no more...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard