mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#51280 25/09/03 06:21 AM
U
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
U
Just a quick note to see if anyone else has experienced this same problem. Whenever I use the "splay" command to play mp3 files, they always seem to skip slightly, and the sound comes out slightly skewered. The mp3 files play fine when opened in WinAmp. Is this a fixable issue with mIRC or is it something else?

#51281 25/09/03 09:46 AM
E
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
E
yeah happens in my case too ...
but i wont blame mirc for poor quality of mp3 playing cause
#1 its not primarily an audio software ...
#2 i dont want the future mirc versions to start playing more sound / video files ...
nevertheless it does skip and in my case it refuses to play a few files too ... may be mirc only likes rap :tongue:
you can throw this thread to the Development Message Board Section...

#51282 25/09/03 03:51 PM
U
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
U
By no means did I mean to imply that this was a result of poorly coded software. I was merely curious as to whether or not there is something I could do to correct the problem. It would be nice to have that code continue to be updated, however.

#51283 25/09/03 03:57 PM
R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
The only time I have run into this problem was when device 0 on primary IDE channel (system drive) was mysteriously switched to PIO mode by XP. Not only was the sound scratchy sounding and skipped at times, but everything seemed painfully slow and jumpy. I tried to change it back to DMA mode and rebooted but it stayed in PIO mode. I ended up uninstalling the primary IDE channel, and when I rebooted, the primary IDE channel was reinstalled and it was set to DMA mode and everything was working great again, including sound.

Edit: Upon doing some research on this, I read that XP will switch it to PIO mode after encountering certain errors with the HDD. I can't remember where I found this, but if I find it again I'll post it here. Maybe this is the problem in your case as well.

Last edited by r0ck0; 25/09/03 04:00 PM.
#51284 26/09/03 05:49 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
mIRC doesnt actually play the music, it sends the command to windows, which then sends it to mediaplayer. check your codecs in mp, and if you are using nimo, use the search feature here, set it to all forums and you can leave the date range at a week or two, i posted links to some older nimo threads recently.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard