mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#5097 05/01/03 05:44 PM
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
I have asked before here and no one has given me the answer as to HOW to get connected.

I have all my settings correct but in order to get to the live chat that I want, I have to FIRST log into that site via java and THEN go open mIRC and try to log on. Of course, at that point, it will say username already in use but I just have to go back to the java site, disconnect, return to mIRC and enter my nic. THEN and only then can I access the private chat.

Can anyone tell me why this is not working straight out?

TIA

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Why do you have to get to the channel via java first? What error message do you get if you try to connect through mIRC? Are you on the right network for that channel? Need a bit more info before anyone can help.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
When I try to just connect via mIRC, it tells me that my server is unknown. XXXX[unknown@11.11.11.11] <-not my real ip addy (denied access). It does show my ip addy but does not show my provider info as it does when I enter that chat via java.

Can't explain WHY I the same info does not show both places. Via the java connection, it does show my correct server and ip addy.

Only way I found out how to do this was via someone else but no explanation as to why it only works that way.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Still not enough information really - maybe you could paste here the exact message you're getting when you connect via mIRC? If you're using a java applet on the channel's website, it makes sense that it would direct you to the right network/server. It doesn't make sense that you have to log off there and then start mIRC, though. Are you using the quick connect button in mIRC, or typing /server etc.etc? You need to be on the correct network to get onto the server you're trying to connect to.

Last edited by Poppy; 05/01/03 07:28 PM.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Exact message is:

XXXX[unknown@11.11.11.11] (denied access).

I have used the "X" for my username and the ip addy is changed as well but that is just what appears.

In java it would show:

[email]XXXX@myserverplus[/email] the ip address

It does not make sense to me that I can get into this particular chat via java which does show proper server info and with all the same information mIRC will not allow me access to that site.

Again, only way to get in via mIRC is to go in via the chat webite using java first. Once logged in there properly, I would then open mIRC and attempt to log on. It will return a message that username is already logged in. I then return to the java and disconnect. I then return to mIRC and it will show enter /nick and I do and THEN I am in mIRC.

I am on the right channel that I want to be in. Everything has been checked and double checked many times over.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Sounds to me like they have their own authentication scheme that their Java client expects and handles correctly that mIRC has no idea about. If you want to use mIRC on that network, then you will most likely have to continue using the workaround you found already.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Perhaps the server forbids more than one connection per IP. I can't see how mIRC would connect after using Java but not before - perhaps you are not giving mIRC enough time to find the server initially. Give about 30 seconds and see how you go.

Link Copied to Clipboard