Print Thread
#51018 24/09/03 01:50 AM
R
RODF Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
To include in Halting default text the possibility to modify Nick is on IRC/Nick has left IRC:
Example: on ^1:on IRC:/echo 2 *** 4 $nick 2 está no IRC, $timestamp - $network

on ^1:Left IRC:/echo 2 *** 4 $nick 2 saiu do IRC, $timestamp - $network *

*NOTE: Example in brazilian portuguese.

It is different of ON NOTIFY/ON UNOTIFY, therefore the original message continues appearing together with the message that you created.
Sorry my english

#51019 24/09/03 04:15 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
How exactly is this different from on UNOTIFY? Your event seems to trigger when a user disconnects from his server, so does on UNOTIFY. You can haltdef on UNOTIFY just like any other event.

Code:
on ^*:UNOTIFY: {
  echo -a $nick has left IRC at $time 
  haltdef 
}

Dunno if UNOTIFY allows the retrieval of the server said user was on (doubt it), but that information has no real value anyway.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
#51020 24/09/03 06:23 AM
R
RODF Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
You it did not understand... The suggestion is so that the message if does not repeat 2 times (the original and the one that I created), ON NOTIFY and ON UNOTIFY do not exist in the Halting default text. If I to create an event ON NOTIFY or ON UNOTIFY, it will appear the original in English and what I created in Portuguese and halting default text exists to substitute text standard used in mIRC, that is what I am suggesting, to substitute Nick is on IRC/Nick has left on IRC for that you can create.
Sorry my english
mIRC Help File:
The ^ event prefix currently works only on the following types of events: ACTION, BAN, CHAT, DEHELP, DEOP, DEVOICE, HELP, INVITE, JOIN, KICK, MODE, NICK, NOTICE, OP, OPEN, PART, PING, TEXT, UNBAN, USERMODE, VOICE, QUIT, SERV, SERVERMODE, SNOTICE, TOPIC, WALLOPS.

#51021 24/09/03 06:59 AM
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
They may not be in the list but NOTIFY/UNOTIFY certainly do get halted with "^" & "halt"

on ^*:notify:halt

#51022 24/09/03 05:39 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Yeah and it's a shame this is not documented in the help file. frown

The ^ event prefix currently works only on the following types of events: ACTION, BAN, CHAT, DEHELP, DEOP, DEVOICE, HELP, INVITE, JOIN, KICK, MODE, NICK, NOTICE, OP, OPEN, PART, PING, TEXT, UNBAN, USERMODE, VOICE, QUIT, SERV, SERVERMODE, SNOTICE, TOPIC, WALLOPS.

* cold edits his posts 24/7

Link Copied to Clipboard