mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#50999 24/09/03 01:23 AM
A
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
A
it would really be nice to include a $dotnet() function that calls on Class Library DLLs compiled with the .NET framwork (VB.NET, C#, or C++.NET) all the .NET dlls are formated pretty much the same
Code:

C#
namespace Somthing {
  public class Test {
    public string Add(int i,int a); {
      return i + a
    }
  }
}
VB.NET
namespace Somthing
public class Test
public sub add(i as int,a as int)
return i + a
end sub
end class
end namespace

just somthing that calls on the DLL's via example:
$netdl(dllname,namespace.class,function,type,value,typeN,valueN,...)
(kinda like $com() but without registering the darned DLL with com

Last edited by Acidized; 24/09/03 01:24 AM.
#51000 24/09/03 01:25 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
not really relative(at all) but could you recommend a fairly easy language for a beginner to start with laugh?

new username: tidy_trax
#51001 24/09/03 01:28 AM
A
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
A
for for doing what sort of thing? i mean mIRC DLL's u would need some sort of programming exp in a language like C++ or C (this is the reason for my post i would like to see C# dlls working with mIRC) but for starting out @ programming i would recommend somthing like pascal or C or even C# if u have the framework SDK and the framework install (C# is the easiest of the languages i mentioned but there are some requirements)

#51002 24/09/03 01:30 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
do you know where i can find C# tutorials, really i want to learn a (fairly) simple language good for GUI's.

#51003 24/09/03 01:33 AM
A
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
A
www.codeproject.com would be my choice dunno if it has much for introduction tutorials

#51004 24/09/03 01:42 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
thanks smile it actually has a section called 'beginners' :tongue:

#51005 24/09/03 11:31 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Pascal, C, or C# for beginners? You been smoking? Pascal is virtually dead, if anything you should use Delphi, and even that is a pain. C is probably one of the most difficult high-level languages in existence (it is based on the concept of speed, not ease of use), and C# is (in a very simplistic definition) a more advanced form of Java. I would personally say Java is probably the best language to learn in. It is virtually impossible to screw something up in Java. Java is probably the easiest language I've ever worked in. I've been studying Java for about 4-5 weeks now and I can already do 90% of the stuff I can do in C, except with C it took me about 3 years to learn. C# isn't bad, but I find it more complex than Java, plus the fact that C# is still a very much non-mature language, it still needs a lot of work. But, I would strongly recommend AGAINST learning C as a first language, and against Pascal.

#51006 24/09/03 11:36 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I beg to differ. C# is a very simplistic language, especially with the C# Compiler. Yes, there are long drawn-out names, but I find it very easy to use. The dialogs are simple to create, associated events are even easier. Casting is done in seconds. Everything is so much easier in C#... I love this languge >:D

-KingTomato
#51007 24/09/03 11:43 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Not a single thing you mentioned disputes anything I said. All you said is C# is easy. That doesn't mean that Java isn't easier. Additionally, you say that the C# compiler is easy to use. Well Java has some tools available that I've yet to find any match for in any language. One such tool is the program called BlueJ which is probably one of the best learning devices for programming I've ever seen. Instead of having to worry about creating an entire program before you can test out individual classes, BlueJ allows you to instantiate individual classes without having them in a program. I've yet to find anything like this for C#. Also you didn't address the fact that as I said C# is still a developing language, there are probably 100+ proposed changes which will be addressed, iirc, at the end of this year. Java has been around for a while, it's more mature and has virtually everything you could need.

#51008 25/09/03 02:43 AM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
I don't agree entirely with what you said. Pascal is a good language if you want to develop a programming logic.

No person should start with an object-oriented language before learning what structured programming is all about.

How can a user start with an object-oriented programming language if they won't even know what they're doing?

First, let them learn the basics of programming and develop a logic before introducing them to object orientation.

#51009 25/09/03 04:37 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
General comments: Define easy...

Easy = what is simple for one person, then another person then another person again. What is easy for one is hard for the next. I can ride a pushbike and drive anything from a car upto a 100+ tonne road train. Yet I can't ride a motor bike to save myself. I can code in VB.NET but not C# or even C. Other people can code in C#, others again can ride a motor bike like Wayne Gardner or Mick Doohan yet they couldn't drive a tack up a bull's backside.

Debate over what langauge is easier than the next is a farce. Isn't it far better to discuss what each one is best suited to?

#51010 25/09/03 08:59 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I understand what is easy for some is harder for others. What i am stating is that I knew nothing about Api, windows programming, sockets, or threading as far as in a structured langauge, yet in the matter of about three days I was able to make an IRC bot with a working windows dialog that connected with sockets... I am simply saying its not as tough as C\C++ or even Delphi for that matter.

Adidtionally, If you can program in VB.NET Watchdog, its a matter of adding a ; onto your statements to use C#. Granted there is no DIM * As type, or Sub End sub, but it is all uniform to a degree. Not to get off track, but...

this.control.Click += new EventHandler(Button_Event);
priate void Button_Event(Object sender, EventArgs e)
{
if (1 == 1)
MessageBox.Show("Button Clicked");
}

--

Private Sub Button_Event(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles Me.control.Click
If (1 == 1) Then
MessageBox.Show("Button Clicked!");
End If
EndSub

Thats not that much of a change over...

Code:

I never said java wasnt easy, i never said it wasnt a good language to teach on. Now your twisitng my words as Raccoonhas been known to do. What I AM saying is that its not a difficult language, and not as hard as you had stated.

-KingTomato
#51011 25/09/03 09:00 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
IMHO OOP is the best way to begin programming. It promotes good thought. The world is based on objects, therefore programming in objects should be natural. I regret the fact that I learned several languages before I started OOP. Why? Because now that I work primarily in C++ and Java I find it hard to think of things in terms of objects because I'm so used to the idea of function based programs, not object based programs.

#51012 30/09/03 03:02 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
even thought i can only do the simplest stuff, c++ looks easier than java :\, i just cant find a free compiler.
i dont want to buy a compiler until i found out how good i am at the language :\

#51013 30/09/03 03:10 PM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Can't find a free compiler for which?

Linux's GCC compiler has been ported to Windows, you're free to use that. You can get it on sourceforge somewhere.

A good Java compiler/IDE is 'BlueJ'. I used that in college and found it v.good. It requires Sun's JVM also.

smile

Last edited by DekuHaze; 30/09/03 03:44 PM.
#51014 30/09/03 04:31 PM
L
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
L
hi smile

difficulty changes for all people, for one C# is easy for another one, it's so hard...
i'v begun with PHP and now C# with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Architect Edition and it's easy for me, but something stay troubles in my mind like to use a C# mIRC DLL laugh

So read many camparations btw all languages (Delphi, C#, VB.NET, C(++), Java...) and whose the one who enjoys you smile

Bye grin

#51015 30/09/03 06:25 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Quote:
Can't find a free compiler for which?

im looking for a c/c++ compiler.

edit: forgot quote :tongue:

Last edited by pheonix; 30/09/03 06:37 PM.

#51016 30/09/03 06:31 PM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Like I said, GCC is free and can compile C and C++ for ya smile

My knowledge of compilers is rather limited tho, as GCC meets my limited needs. Maybe Codemastr or someone could recommend you something else smile

#51017 30/09/03 07:20 PM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
If you want a free GUI based compiler, i think the Dev Bloodshed compiler is the best. Although I wouldn't recommend it to a newbie. Most help texts, and help channels, assume you are using Microsoft VC++, if you are not using that, as a newbie teaching yourself, you will find it hard.

Link Copied to Clipboard