Print Thread
#50521 21/09/03 04:27 AM
P
poop Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
P
I have an error it says, [8:29pm] ERROR > 465: Illegal Radio Channel Advertising.
will someone tell me what this means and how i can fix it or if i can fix, it, maybe i am banned will someone help, will you email me at
jerrodtracy@mchsi.com or reply soon Thank You

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Fistly, never post your email address on a public forum. Believe it or not there are hundreds, if not thousands of computers out there visiting every webpage known to man looking for e:mail addresses to add to their spam list.

To answer your question, if you are others you know belong to a group that runs a shoutcast server (online radio station), and perhaps your wearing the same tag, or have a older.younger sibling that is in a group of this natue and shares your ip this may be the case. Unfortunatly, clans decide they want to join random channels, advertise their channel to get "idlers" then part rapidly--and a lot of channels despise this. To safeguard against users doing it again, they ban the user--and this might be your case.

If you feel you dont fall under this category, try typing /names #channel and looking for an operator in the channel. PM them and ask them why u were banned. You may also look for the channel owners name under the /chanserv info #channel command.

-KingTomato
P
poop Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Well i can see someone banning my but i can not connect to IRC as a hole, I would not mine if it was just a channel, well plz respond to this soon thank you, this is what it says again:
[6:49am] ERROR > 465: Illegal Radio Channel Advertising.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Raw 465 is a k:line so yep, you are banned. There's two ways to get it removed and both usually take a long time.

1. Email the administrator of the server and get clarification on how long the ban has before it expires.
2. Wait.

Inline with Kingtomato's response, indeed you may not have done anything wrong and may simply be affected by a wide ranging ban.

P
poop Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Well i can i get the admin's password or do you know how long i will be banned day hour mins year month?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I trust that you mean email address...

You need to visit the website that is owned by the network you want to log into and get the email address from there. After that you write to them and ask about the ban. No-one else would be in possession of that sort of information.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
If you get on another server in the same network, then type:

/admin the.server.you.want.to.know.the.admin.off

and it should give you the name of the admin of that server, and often also a e-mail address or how to contact him.. or try google and search for the server there, then you should find the webpage for that network/server and there find where to ask about your k-line..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
P
poop Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Man dude do you not understand me i do not know the website or email nothing, will to plz tell me something that i can use.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
you know the server address i hope? whats the address u trying to connect to? and send the address as a private message to me and i see what i can do..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Look in the MOTD of the network you're trying to connect to. You haven't said which network it is, so how can anyone help?

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
P
poop Offline OP
OP Offline
P
ok sparta, and everyone else, I can not connect to irc.gamesnet.net east AT ALL, it will not let me get into the network at all, so i can not get the email or what ever you where talking about
HELP! HELP! HELP!

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
rudeness.

new username: tidy_trax
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
GO TO [url=HTTP://WWW.GAMESNET.NET/][url=HTTP://WWW.GAMESNET.NET/][url=HTTP://WWW.GAMESNET.NET/][url=HTTP://WWW.GAMESNET.NET/]HTTP://WWW.GAMESNET.NET/[/url][/url][/url][/url] AND GET THE ADMIN'S EMAIL ADDRESS AND WRITE TO THEM AND ASK THEM WHY THE BAN IS THERE.

WE DO NOT KNOW WHY AND CANNOT KNOW WHY. ONLY THE GAMESNET ADMINISTRATOR CAN TELL YOU!

Do you understand that?

P
poop Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thank you watchdog,

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's a pleasure laugh

P
poop Offline OP
OP Offline
P
ok well i can not find anyone that speaks english, or has there email on it,

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I can't find the emails, and I can't be bothered to look for them harder. GamesNet have a forum for g-lines and k-lines, ask there.

http://forums.gamesnet.net/viewforum.php?f=52

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
to the left on the www page you have a link: Contact Us
klick the link, then type your question there, and i think you should add the info: your IP adress, your host mask, and the error.. "copy and paste the text that the server sends to you when you trying to connect"

Link Copied to Clipboard