mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
DarkFox Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
D
I hate this kinds of operators! They think they own mIRC! At one time i got banned from a channel just for posting "Is anybody here?" msg in the middle of that damn operators msg to his damn chatmate on the channel. I hate them! Is there a way to even the odds agaisnt them?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Is there a way to even the odds agaisnt them?

You'd better believe it! Avoid their channel and suggest that your friends do the same. When the hosts of that channel have no chatters left they'll then understand why.

There's no law against complaining but it's usually fruitless. Opers don't usually meddle in channel politics and if you repeatedly request they do it might earn you a clout across the ear (/kill).

Just avoid these chat nazis, if your server allows it make your own channel, take your friends there and make your own easier to live with rules and life will be easier :-)

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
some networks do offer an address to report abuse but i dont know how often these are dealt with so like watchdog said just avoid them and tell your friends to as well....

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Think of each channel as the ops "home", they have a right to set their own rules, whether anyone else likes them or not, just as they do in their real home. Its a good idea to read the topic and any rules sent to you when you join a channel. WHile kicking you out for no good reason may be rude, it isnt abuse, hence nothing to report.

If the ops in any channel behave in a way you consider rude, just dont go there... there are tons of other channels to choose from where the ppl are friendly

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard