mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
Hi to all on the board!

Can anyone offer advice or a solution on how to connect to IRC with mIRC at my workplace? I get the error '* Firewall: Unable to find firewall address' when I enable firewall support by selecting 'Server' or 'Both' and without firewall support enabled I just recieve 'Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)'

I am not too sure of the default gateway for the router or any other info that you will need to help me, but please post what info you need to know and I will try to find it for you.

Can anyone help me to configure my mIRC to connect? I really want to waste more time at work grin

Thanks very much
-Phil

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
If the ports are blocked, ask your system administrator to unblock them. I'm fairly sure that's about as much help as you'll get here. grin

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
T
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
thanks for your answer poppy, which are the ports that need to be unblocked for IRC to work?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Like I said, ask your system administrator at work. I doubt anyone on this forum would give you that sort of information, as you'd likely end up getting yourself fired if your boss doesn't want you chatting while you're meant to be working. If you do manage to get on IRC while you're at work, you might like to know that your admin will be able to read everything you type. If your job is that boring, get a new job. :tongue:

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.

Link Copied to Clipboard