mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#4974 05/01/03 12:50 AM
D
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
D
Well, i know all the commands in order to get to download from a bot, but whenever I try to download a file and the server accepts, it says something like "file type ignored" and it won't let me download it. This happens with everything I try to download. Also, when I try to download, the download box doesn't pop up either. Please help me someone!

Thanks!
brett

#4975 05/01/03 01:12 AM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Open the options dialog (Alt + O), go to the DCC Section, Folders and you'll find the 'DCC Ignore' box, make it 'Disabled' or modify the 'Ignore Only' list to not block the filetypes you're after. Please be aware that those file types are blocked (by default) for a reason - so a little caution when running them helps.

The download box should popup now that the ignore isn't triggering. If it isn't, go back to the DCC Section (Options > DCC) and modify the 'On send request' to 'show get dialog'.

Your network may also have some server-side functions to protect you (such as dccallow on DALnet) - you should ask their #help channel for more information.

Hope that helps. smile

#4976 05/01/03 02:32 AM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
For your file type ignored problem:
  • File / Options (Alt-O) / DCC / Folders / DCC Ignore
    • If you have that option set for Ignore Only, scroll down the through dropdown list beside the Add button, select the file type you no longer wish to ignore. When you select it, the Add button changes to Delete. Click Delete and that file type is removed. Repeat until all the file types you do not wish to ignore are removed.
    • If you have Ignore all except selected, type in the filetype you wish to accept in the form *.ext and click the Add button. Your new entry will be added to the list of file types you will accept.
    • You can also set mIRC's DCC Ignore to Disabled with the option to turn the ignore back on in 1-360 minutes automatically if the Turn ignore back on in: option is selected.
  • For your file send dialog problem
    • You can type /sreq ask
    • You can also go to File / Options (Alt-O) / DCC and select the Show get dialog checkbox.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C

Link Copied to Clipboard