mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I have configured my xp firewall using the mIRC guide to use ports 5000,5001 from www.newircusers.com, but no matter where I try and connect to (Ive tried all the servers on the mIRC list in the current mIRC program) I cant connect. I cant connect to Kazaa Lite++ or ICQ either, and I know that this stems from the same problem. I am not running any other firewalls.

Does any1 have xp and an idea or what is causing the problem? Everything else on the mIRC prog is configured correctly, as from newircusers.com

N
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
N
what are you running for virus scanners? norton? mcaffe? I have had probelms with both in the past.. it may also depend on your connection, dail up or broadband (adsl, cable modem)

many (not all) servers use 6667 as the connection port, try that as well.

w00f!
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird

Im using Norton Antivirus 2002.
I have Antivirus 2002 switched on, but Norton Firewall 2002 is switched off, since my XP firewall is set up to use mIRC.

Those other programs I mentioned before dont connect either, so Im sure norton firewall changed my initial settiings when I used it when mIRC wasnt installed.

I never tried mIRC before I had norton antivirus/firewall 2002 however, so I'll never know for certain if any of these programs including mIRC would have connected without norton.

Checking norton firewall, it doesnt seem to have blocked any ports mIRC or any of my other programs need... but there must be a simple reason as to why nothing will let me connect, I just dont know where to look I guess

Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
forgot to mention im on a 56k dial up modem, from BT.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Quote:
forgot to mention im on a 56k dial up modem, from BT.

you can edit posts on this forum.

new username: tidy_trax

Link Copied to Clipboard